HAF X Top fan replacements

Hey peeps have had my HAF x case up and running for a few months now, and the top fans are starting to tick a little. When this was built, I purchased a CM megaflow 200mm red led fan for the side door, and moved the non led up to the top, too run 2x 200mm.

Searched around and found that the sleeve bearing fans dont like to be mounted horizontally since the oil/grease sits at the bottom, so looking for a rifle bearing or ball bearing replacement...

Found these, the Antec big boy 200mm fans, which use ball bearings. Is there any issues mounting these into this case? I have found articles on users struggling too install them into the HAF cases, but none who have solved the issue. Not sure if they're a bit silly or these fans have a different screw patterns?

Can anyone confirm this for me???

Hey peeps have had my HAF x case up and running for a few months now, and the top fans are starting to tick a little. When this was built, I purchased a CM megaflow 200mm red led fan for the side door, and moved the non led up to the top, too run 2x 200mm.

Searched around and found that the sleeve bearing fans dont like to be mounted horizontally since the oil/grease sits at the bottom, so looking for a rifle bearing or ball bearing replacement...

Found these, the Antec big boy 200mm fans, which use ball bearings. Is there any issues mounting these into this case? I have found articles on users struggling too install them into the HAF cases, but none who have solved the issue. Not sure if they're a bit silly or these fans have a different screw patterns?

Can anyone confirm this for me???

Not sure about the Antec Fans but NZXT make 200mm fans for their Phantom case. -NZXT FN-200RB that may do the job

Yeah I noticed them, except it pushes less air compared to the megaflow from cm, and the higher rpm version is too loud. I think the big boy is the only fan equal/better than what I've got, with s better bearing system.

Any other manufactures apart from NXZT and Antec?

Yeah I noticed them, except it pushes less air compared to the megaflow from cm, and the higher rpm version is too loud. I think the big boy is the only fan equal/better than what I've got, with s better bearing system.

The Megaflow's don't move anywhere near what they are "rated" at. They might move 40 CFM with no restriction on a good day.

I think if anything it's going to be the big boy, just need to make sure it fits before I buy them..

Anyone fitted one up to any of the HAF cases? Do all 200mm fan screw patterns line up?

Edited by hoody_s13