Lian Li PC-A71A Modding

Day 1: Window cutout finished and 120mm fan screw holes drilled out and centered, getting ready for hole saw.

dsc0001casesmallim4copyhw1.jpg

Next up is going to be me finding a 120mm holesaw or close to that so I can cut out the fan hole.

Then after that is me finding some plexi or acrylic and putting the window on.

Then after that, im going to attempt to drill out 3 120mm fan holes on the top panel for a PA120.3

Let me know what you think so far.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Job on the window looks very clean. I always liked Lian-Li, and just got a new 60b from them. Not sure I would ever do this to such a beautiful case! I would be afraid of messing up. :)

thanks.

this is my 3rd lian li case i've modded.

i;ve been here for a long time, just forgot my pw on my old name, but back when i was very active here i was occ's resident lian li "expert" :P

if you take your time, you wont really mess up :)

114mm holesaw, in a powerful drill, low speed like 500 RPM, through aluminium is easy... you could do it without deriveting/unscrewing the top panel with the drill hand-held as long as you make a decent 6mm pilot hole for the arbor drill

sizes are 4 1/2" and 1/4" for measuring cavemen :P

114mm holesaw, in a powerful drill, low speed like 500 RPM, through aluminium is easy... you could do it without deriveting/unscrewing the top panel with the drill hand-held as long as you make a decent 6mm pilot hole for the arbor drill

sizes are 4 1/2" and 1/4" for measuring cavemen :P

yup i just bought a 114mm 4.5" hole saw. 30 dollars :angry:

my top panel just unscrews, no rivets. :)

if you clamp it down with g-clamps, don't clamp it directly because you'll probably warp the panel, so put some wood in between the clamp and the panel

though, for aluminium, it's so soft that you could just hold it in place with your other hand

if you clamp it down with g-clamps, don't clamp it directly because you'll probably warp the panel, so put some wood in between the clamp and the panel

though, for aluminium, it's so soft that you could just hold it in place with your other hand

yea...

got the hole cut out for the fan. cut the window to fit also but forgot to buy nuts and bolts to hold in the panel...

Jager!

I try to keep a bottle in the freezer at all times :D

Mod looks clean, lets see a few close ups eh? Can barely see the fan mounting, like did you use rubber edge molding or not?