Stock Intel 775 Cooler

Just for craps and giggles, i put my stock cooler back on with AS5, and it cools better than the TT Silent 775 ive got. Its far quieter (the TT cooler's fan bracket is broke, might have contributed to it), but the intel Cooler's fan is quieter than the other case fans, and is easily droned out. At first i thought the intel cooler was crap with AS5, and was gonna swap back then i noticed that one of the corners wasnt all the way fastened, so i went to see how it would do, and sure enough, far better in cooling.. When at 3.75, it doesnt get much above 66 or so, but i could see throttling with Throttle watch, so i backed her down to 3.6.

Just for craps and giggles, i put my stock cooler back on with AS5, and it cools better than the TT Silent 775 ive got. Its far quieter (the TT cooler's fan bracket is broke, might have contributed to it), but the intel Cooler's fan is quieter than the other case fans, and is easily droned out. At first i thought the intel cooler was crap with AS5, and was gonna swap back then i noticed that one of the corners wasnt all the way fastened, so i went to see how it would do, and sure enough, far better in cooling.. When at 3.75, it doesnt get much above 66 or so, but i could see throttling with Throttle watch, so i backed her down to 3.6.

502969[/snapback]

:lol:

Hated the SilentBoost I bought for my brother Athlon XP pooter. It wasn't quiet at all, about the same as noise level as the stock cooler :) Phft. Tt aren't great.......... :)

:lol:

Hated the SilentBoost I bought for my brother Athlon XP pooter. It wasn't quiet at all, about the same as noise level as the stock cooler :) Phft. Tt aren't great.......... :)

502971[/snapback]

I have TT heatsink in my computer and it works ok but I would not buy another one.

TT cases look nice but everyone around hear likes the lanli ones.

we have to be fair... thier cases disigns are cool

note: I have a Tt Bigwater and it's very bad, I think it's the worst...

but i also have Tt Kandalf which is good...

504087[/snapback]

Thats a matter of opionion tbh. There Heatsinks and fans, seem pretty crap HORRIBLE to me. Infact, all there products do. There cases are just PLAIN UGLY. But as said, thats a personal taste.

I dont like that most of there case Ideas are the same as Coolermasters tho....and the coolermaster version usaly look much better.

Whats with Tt's nameing?? I mean Kandalf???? Gandalf? LOTR? What a crappy name. Not that the name matters, but the case is pretty ugly too. Whats with the whole double doors thing...one door is bad enough... <_<

/rant

Question about my stock CPU fan, it never seems to go above 2700rpm, i believe the stock fan is capable up to higher RPM's (i think closer to 3200 or more, cant remember), but my question is, why doesnt the fan RPM raise above 2700 when the temps may go up? Idle they're around 21-2200 RPM, but why not higher when the CPU's hotter, is it related to being overclocked?