Corsair 900d with 5 radiators

I just use distilled with a silver coil. I only open my loop to change hardware, the only maintenance it needs is a top-off every 8-10 months.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have decided on 6 radiators. 5 will have push/pull setup. So I will use 4x120, a 1x140 and a 1x120 for the cpu. And I will use a 4x120, 3x120 and a 2x120 for the 1080's. That is 27 fans total. 2 separate loops. Not sure on size of hard tubing. Any suggestions on tubing and fittings as far as manufactures go? Gonna go with clear tubing. Maybe red and black fluid for each loop.

Edited by REDSPD3GT

• 1 month later...

Well small progress is being made. Acquired my graphics cards and my power  supply. So my question is  my Swiftech MCP655 pump strong enough to provide adequate flow through 3 GPU water blocks and 3 radiators? Or do I have to add in another pump?

Well I am using an EK HF Supreme (non oval top) for the cpu. Jet plate number 2 installed. And of course for the gpus I am using EK water blocks. So is there really a difference in temps according to loop layout? Right now my gpu loop is res>3x120>2x120>4x120>gpu water blocks>res. Ha I have not quite figured out the cpu loop yet

The order really doesn't matter as long as your pump is adequate.  With two separate loops you don't need to worry - most of EK's GPU blocks are pretty nonrestrictive and there's only one heat source in your CPU loop.  Technically the pump contributes some heat load, but it's negligible.  With decent flow the loop will be within a degree at most between any two points.

Many thanks for all the input. So now my question is. Is there a big difference between static pressure and high flow fans? All of my radiators are equipped with high airflow fans. If I were to switch to static pressure fans will I see a big difference in temperature? I am going with push/pull configuration.

Which fans? If you have high density fins on your rads nice high pressure fans can help a lot, but honestly, with as many rads as you have you probably won't gain a lot. A temperature probe in your loop can give a nice indication of performance though (to compare with ambient).

My radiators consist of XSPC EX rads and a couple of Swiftech rads. My fans are Corsair High airflow fans. They all came with the tower when I bought it. It looks like the XSPC rads have a denser fin structure than the Swiftech rads.

Edited by REDSPD3GT

• 3 weeks later...

Whats up fellow OCCERs? WOW is the hardline stuff hard. Been watching videos and searching the web, not much help. So does anyone have experience with PETG tubing? I am just having trouble making my lines. What did you guys use for measuring devices? Or what did you use for a mock up? I have already burned through 4ft of the stuff and not one line has not been made. All tips and pointers appreciated.