Womens Sports

Braegnok

After seeing the story today about Fallon Fox an MMA fighter who put a brutal beating on a female fighter,.. I was surprised to find out that Ms. Fox was born a man and under went surgery to become a transgender and is now legal  to compete in women's MMA.

I'm not certain if I agree with allowing men to compete in women's full contact sports after doing sex change surgery. :nyea:

So how do you all feel,.. should trans gender's be allowed to compete against women.

Edited by Braegnok

As far as sports is concerned, I think male -> female should only be allowed in men's sports, and female -> male should be allowed in either. Having been born a male gives a transgendered (and by transgendered, I mean physical changed) female a distinct advantage over non-transgendered females. Being transgender is a psychological disorder (although there's probably a more politically correct term, that's what it is, a person believes they are a man in a woman's body, or vice versa).

However, I think it should be up to the sports players whether or not to accept a transgendered into a gender specific sport.

In High School, our school allowed females to play on the men's football and wrestling team. I never held back, and some people gave me grief about it. I told them that some guys aren't going to hold back, it's a guy's sport, and if they didn't want to compete against guys, they shouldn't be doing it, or only allow girls to wrestle other girls. If I was wrestling a female on a female wrestling team just for practice, then I'd hold back.

It's a double standard, I know, but if we want total gender equality, then get rid of gender-specific sports.

A person born gender male who is no longer producing or receiving testosterone for long enough is at a disadvantage to a fighter born female of the same weight and height.

Other than having a stronger bone structure and a possible height advantage the fighter may face a disadvantage for having a heavier frame that is meant to support a more muscle that the body can no longer support because they are lacking testosterone.

As long as SHE has not been taking testosterone for a year or two there is no advantage. It would be unfair, that's why they don't let any female or even male fighters take any form of extra testosterone.

They were both consenting adults who got in a ring for the sole purpose of beating each other senseless. There is no issue at all.