COOLER MASTER Hyper 212+ Plastic Spacers?

NuComer

Gonna be getting a HAF 912.

Appreciate the fast response.

Don't need any spacers, other than the ones that come with the case, to keep the motherboard of the omtherboard tray. The HAF 912 has a cuttout behing the cpu on atx motherboards, that will provide ample room for instalklation of any aftermarket cooles you want.

Esspecially a 212+ its the same company.

Edit:

I will be dammed just did a search for the cuttout behind the cpu

came back with this...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrElzXvQpH7i5ZbxtxAGbd1vcFYWHpqcPgFho4kfs4NtqYMDEh

So it just means that you will need to remove the motherboard to make cpu cooler changes.

I am astonished that cm could do such a thing in there HAF series. Either way, you need not worry about purchasing any other spaces, to lift the motherboard any higher.

The 212+ has a rather low profile on the rear of a motherboard. Most issues with them are cases that are not wide enough (no issue with HAF 912) or with the RAM clearance, so the cooler may need to be mounted sideways to get the clearance.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Don't need any spacers, other than the ones that come with the case, to keep the motherboard of the omtherboard tray. The HAF 912 has a cuttout behing the cpu on atx motherboards, that will provide ample room for instalklation of any aftermarket cooles you want.

Esspecially a 212+ its the same company.

Edit:

I will be dammed just did a search for the cuttout behind the cpu

came back with this...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrElzXvQpH7i5ZbxtxAGbd1vcFYWHpqcPgFho4kfs4NtqYMDEh

So it just means that you will need to remove the motherboard to make cpu cooler changes.

I am astonished that cm could do such a thing in there HAF series. Either way, you need not worry about purchasing any other spaces, to lift the motherboard any higher.

The 212+ has a rather low profile on the rear of a motherboard. Most issues with them are cases that are not wide enough (no issue with HAF 912) or with the RAM clearance, so the cooler may need to be mounted sideways to get the clearance.

Thanks for the help but I think I wasn't clear enough on my initial post, sorry, English is not my first language.

I need the washers to separate the backplate from the motherboard itself. I did some research about the motherboard im getting, the ASRock P67 EXTREME4, and I found about this issue A LOT of people are having when they install an aftermarket cooler, apparently the MB has some circuitry passing supper close to one of the holes and when you install a cooler with a cooper backplate, it might cause a " code 45 memory controller error" which people have been able to replicate and fix by installing the default heatsink or using little separators to avoid direct contact of the motherboard and the backplate. I just wanted to know what diameter they need to be (since I've never bought washers before).

I hope I could let across my thoughts this time, sorry!.

Thanks for the help but I think I wasn't clear enough on my initial post, sorry, English is not my first language.

I need the washers to separate the backplate from the motherboard itself. I did some research about the motherboard im getting, the ASRock P67 EXTREME4, and I found about this issue A LOT of people are having when they install an aftermarket cooler, apparently the MB has some circuitry passing supper close to one of the holes and when you install a cooler with a cooper backplate, it might cause a " code 45 memory controller error" which people have been able to replicate and fix by installing the default heatsink or using little separators to avoid direct contact of the motherboard and the backplate. I just wanted to know what diameter they need to be (since I've never bought washers before).

I hope I could let across my thoughts this time, sorry!.

Okay then, all you need do is take a bolt from the cooler, go to your local hardware store and ask them for some rubber washers to suit it. 1mm thick will be enough to seperate from the board and still be able to mount.

I know because I grabbed some washes from the garage when i installed mine. Was really not paying attention and stripped a bit of laqure of the board. I then decided it would be best to seperate the nuts from the board.

Okay then, all you need do is take a bolt from the cooler, go to your local hardware store and ask them for some rubber washers to suit it. 1mm thick will be enough to seperate from the board and still be able to mount.

I know because I grabbed some washes from the garage when i installed mine. Was really not paying attention and stripped a bit of laqure of the board. I then decided it would be best to seperate the nuts from the board.

thanks!. So they need to be rubber, noted.

Will wait for the cooler to arrive and take ur advice.

Thanks a lot man!

thanks!. So they need to be rubber, noted.

Will wait for the cooler to arrive and take ur advice.

Thanks a lot man!

Rubber means they can move a little and not damage the board. A hard plastic washer would be likely to be as harmful as it is good.

Good luck with it all mate.

You may luck out and not have to worry about the CPU cutout not exposing the entire hole. In my review of the HAF 912+, my MSI X58 board barely made it through but I can confirm that it works with that board. With your P31, I can't find any pictures of it inside of the HAF912 but that was with only some brief searching.

Rubber means they can move a little and not damage the board. A hard plastic washer would be likely to be as harmful as it is good.

Good luck with it all mate.

How could I let that one slide -_-". Thanks for the tip and hopefully all will go OK

You may luck out and not have to worry about the CPU cutout not exposing the entire hole. In my review of the HAF 912+, my MSI X58 board barely made it through but I can confirm that it works with that board. With your P31, I can't find any pictures of it inside of the HAF912 but that was with only some brief searching.

Ithanks for looking into man, I want to try to hope on luck the least possible :P.