Carbon fiber covered motherboard tray

Hi, i'm checking out some modding videos and some sites talking about using carbon fiber to cover car parts

that makes me thinking if i can use carbon fiber to cover the motherboard tray, how well would it looks?

I have a haf 932 and the following picture the motherboard tray of it

25753095.jpg

I also thought of the grounding issue...but i thought it would be fine since the standoff are screwed into the holes...

Maybe someone can make me a 3D model after covered by carbon fiber? JK...

We make carbonfiber molds at work. Although it would seem nice but carbonfiber holds a lot of heat. Might not be a good idea to do that. An idea might be to cove just the surface that will be seen on the mb tray and leave the part under the motherboard alone.

We make carbonfiber molds at work. Although it would seem nice but carbonfiber holds a lot of heat. Might not be a good idea to do that. An idea might be to cove just the surface that will be seen on the mb tray and leave the part under the motherboard alone.

Thanks!.... doing that way i can also save some money on carbon fiber sheet....

Where is the best site to buy carbon fiber sheet? (price)

Thanks!.... doing that way i can also save some money on carbon fiber sheet....

Where is the best site to buy carbon fiber sheet? (price)

There are two ways to do it.

One is were the sheets already have resin in it. The second way is you have to apply resin to the sheets. Then both ways you have to put it under a vacuum and while under vacuum put it in a oven and bake it. You might want to find a company near you that does carbonfiber work amd talk to them and see if they could do it for you

There are two ways to do it.

One is were the sheets already have resin in it. The second way is you have to apply resin to the sheets. Then both ways you have to put it under a vacuum and while under vacuum put it in a oven and bake it. You might want to find a company near you that does carbonfiber work amd talk to them and see if they could do it for you

hm... the one that glued on is called the "carbon fiber fabric" but it is not true carbon fiber?

hm... the one that glued on is called the "carbon fiber fabric" but it is not true carbon fiber?

its still carbon fiber, i work with 3k weave for hobby related projects at home. made a 3'x3' vacuum system from an old shopvac for doing carbon fiber coatings on parts, to make flat sheets of carbon fiber, i use 2 peices of glass. there's plenty of guides online to do your own carbon fiber coating and how to make the vacuum system. as for the oven baking, you dont actually put the carbon fiber into the oven, just the top part of your vacuum system that has the poly sheet attached to it goes into the oven to soften it up for the vacuum stage