I Know This Is Whats Wrong...

GmAz

I thank you all for your feedback, but i fixed my bios chip. I search google for asus a7n8x deluxe bios and read the first listed. it was a forum for my problem luckily. Well, half way down the replies, i found what i was looking for. it was crazy, stupid, and gutsy. What it said to do was find a comptuer with a very similar mobo (my bro-in-law has the same board since i setup his computer), use a bootdisk and boot into dos, take out the bios chip of the other computer while it is still powered on, and put my fried bios chip in its place, all while the ocmputer is still on. That freaked me out, but i did it. I then ran the flash utility with the bios (1007 for me) and reflashed the chip. I then powered off the system, popped his bios chip back in his mobo, and checked to see if it ran. yay, i didn't kill his computer. i than went back home, popped my (hopefully) newly falshed chip in my mobo and powered it on. IT WORKED!!!!! i was so freakin scared. here is the exact post:

Re: A7N8X Deluxe BIOS problems! help need!

resetting the cmos jumper does not fix this

here is the fix

Ok...pull your bios chip..(with the PC off)

Find a buddy with an Asus board similar to yours

Does not have to be the EXACT same

We used an a7v333

Fire up the working machine in dos

Pull his bios chip with the machine running

(This can be tough. we pulled the chip first..then put a piece of dental floss under it..and used the floss as a pull tab..Sticking a screwdriver in a running machine scares me)

Put yours in

Run the flash program off a floppy and flash YOUR bios to YOUR chip

If you are using a different board type...it will give you crap about it being the wrong bios for your board...just keep going..

Once it writes..Shut down

Swap the chips back..and bingo!

Worked for me!!

in the future...make few changes in the bios..save ...reboot...and you should be fine

i am so freakin happy it worked, i didnt' want to mess with the RMA crap. anywho, just thought i would tell my story, p.s. i did get a new sony 3v bios chip from radio shack. Only 2.99 and an 1/8 tank of gas to fix my comptuer.

Yeah, what you did was re-flash the bios chip, just as Asus would have done. You never said you had another of the same board. As long as one has a board that uses the same exact bios chip, you can do what you said.

I didnt' think i coudl do it. to pop out the chip when the comp was on, and my bro-in-law has almost the same board, not exact. and i know it was reflashing it, but it never occured to me i could. anywho, thanks again for all yor input.

if the Manufacturer doens't do anything for you just contact www.badflash.com.

My MSI failed to post after a flash process gone wrong, and the boot-block trick wouldn't work either.

I told Badflash what type of chip, sent them the link for my correct BIOS, and 3 days later I had a new BIOS chip with a updates version of my choosing.

Popped in and Bingo! Saved board. I think it was $23 with shipping for a new, flashed chip.