Howto: Minimizing Vcores And Operating Temps-must Read

Well, guys I wrote up this procedure I used to minimize my vcores on my new x3360/P35-based system, and I thought I'd share it with folks. It's a systematic method anyone can use to arrive at a minimized set of vcores for a given multiplier and FSB value. The examples I present in this post are using my X3360/P35-based system. The data aren

Funny that you mention it. Last night i bought a new case, a centurion 534, & scrapped out the crappy fans in it (all but one) for some apevia 68CFM fans i have

Looky what i did. (GPU exhaust fan is still low CFM fan, & GPU has overclock on it)

post-31799-1209917605_thumb.jpg

This is a good addition to your original Overclocking guide. :thumbs-up:

I think it is particularly good to point out how important logging your results is.

Even if you just record results with pen and paper it is very helpful. Without it you are basically relying on guess work.

Good stuff once again Graysky! :thumbs-up: I can not agree more with jammin here! When I went to overclock back in the day on my DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert, I had a massive amount of papers on which I recorded my results, because the memory options were simply endless! That was back when I tried to get my 2x1GB sticks of G.Skill HZs stable above DDR600 :D Those were the days.... :P