Watch Dogs Reviewed

Check out my review for one of the most anticipated games of the year, Watch Dogs:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/watch_dogs/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

NOTE: The review was done with a pre-release copy; there were rumors of a day one patch, but I see no evidence of that, so assume it's the same unless you hear otherwise. I did have access to the newest NVIDIA drivers (337.88).

Due to the time constraint, I was unable to upload any videos, but I'll get some up for your guys to enjoy. In addition, this is predominantly a single-player review. Guest_Jim and I plan on testing out some multiplayer over the coming weeks and we'll update with our impressions.

Uploaded my first Watch Dogs video, as promised. Had to go with the Spider Tank one to start things off! It starts off a bit slow, but quickly ramps up!

http://youtu.be/wcn8oGrFqcI

Spider Tank is one of four "Digital Trips" currently in the game. Digital Trips are essentially like additional mini-games, but whereas mini-games take place in the actual game world, Digital Trips take place in your drug-filled mind. It essentially allows Ubisoft to add anything they want into the game without a worry for realism; like this Spider Tank. My guess is someone made a Spider Tank just for laughs and a director was like, "well shit, we need to find a way to put this into the game!"

So for my next video upload, do you want an actual mission (early mission, so doesn't spoil story, but shows you "real gameplay") or do you want to see the augmented reality mini-game called NVZN?

How far in do you need to be to get those mini games?

I just started, so i see a lot of locked stuff on the ground :(

I'm not entirely sure. Digital Trips can be accessed from your Smartphone though; you don't actually have to go to a location. So bring up the phone and scroll down to Digital Trips and see if it's available for you :).

How far in do you need to be to get those mini games?

I just started, so i see a lot of locked stuff on the ground :(

I'm not entirely sure. Digital Trips can be accessed from your Smartphone though; you don't actually have to go to a location. So bring up the phone and scroll down to Digital Trips and see if it's available for you :).

Hmm, i will check that out later, i doubt i have any though as i just woke up after the prologue.

Uploaded some "real gameplay" because it was 1/3 the size of the NVZN video, so I'll have to save that for another day.

This is Act 1, Mission 7: Not The Pizza Guy

It's an early mission that doesn't really spoil any story because it's out of context and thus you won't really know what it all means. However, if you really don't want to see any cutscene, that takes place between the 4:43 to 6:22 mark, so you can always skip that.

*Cutscene contains some foul language.

http://youtu.be/c5_YDgcyTNo

As you can see, I die on my first escape attempt, but then I show you my successful escape, which I believe was attempt four. I was still getting a feel for the game, so it doesn't show much hacking, but it does a good job of showing the cover-shooter mechanics in case you were wondering about that.

I used Window Movie Maker to combine the two videos since that's the simplest program, but it did compress it (it went from a combined 3.75GB down to 950MB).

i am digging the motor cycle, so i am going to stick with that as my default vehicle when i need to get to a mission.

finished 4 out of 9 missions of act 1, so i am getting there :P

I must admit, i am enjoying the game more than i expected.