- - - - -

Music suggestion for me?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Black gold saw._*

Guest_Black gold saw._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Iv'e been listening to some of the most savage and brutal i could find (Berzerker, Rammstein, Turmion katilot, Fear of domination, Slayer, Cannibal corpse ECT....)

And no matter who, or what i listen to.. I always finding my self thinking or saying 'C'mon.. harder!! more!' (That's what she said)
I can't satisfy my craving for brutal melodic death metal or industrial metal.

Does anyone know of a band that can TRULY push the limits of musical talent and deliver such an aggressive and elegant song....
I'm hoping someone knows of a band that they beleive to be the most talented and savage of ANY they have EVEr heard of.

The reason is: I can;t find anything brutal enough to satisfy my craving. No matter how loud i play it. To sissy for me :/

Here are some examples: Turmion katilot - arise:

Slayer - Divine intervention:

Bleach OST:

Two times terror - Lust

Edited by Black gold saw., 04 April 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5262 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Couldn't help myself sorry haha

Okay i admit my tastes are all over the joint and a lot of the time arent heavy metal haha
However you mentioned melodic meeal and well that is where a lot of my taste is so I hope you like some of it, most of the time it depends what mood I am as to what i pick to listen too and tommorrow on my 2 hour drive I think my mood calls form some post-industrial music

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5262 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Wouldn't let me have all the media links in one post...... and i thought I had only grabbed a small list :lol:

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

#4 Guest_Black gold saw._*

Guest_Black gold saw._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I know nightwish and cradle of filth. :P

#5 Muchoman1

Muchoman1

De-railer of threads, Destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Find a scrap metal processing plant, and stand next to the machine grinding metal into shavings.

That's the only thing more brutal than you posted, and its a damn sight more melodic. Lol

On a more serious note, I don't/can't listen to that kind of "music", so i'm afraid I can't help you

The Hive 
               i7 3930k @ 5GHz 24/7   32Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1866MHz 
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme    3x EVGA 670 FTW @ 1300MHz Core boost
256Gb Crucial M4 - Boot Drive  4x2Tb HDD Raid 5 - Data Storage 
CPU, Motherboard, GPU and RAM watercooled  by MIPS and Heatkiller 
Heavily Modified XSPC Cube Case 

#6 Guest_Black gold saw._*

Guest_Black gold saw._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Damn. The beginning of that Hammerfall was amazing. But once the vocals kicked in it killed me :/

Other then that... Nothing is doing it for me :/

#7 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5262 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

hmmm how about a bit of chimaira

or my personal fav from chimaira

in fact their entire Resurrection album is great.

children of bodom??

Edit: (a bit higher quality)

Edited by Stonerboy779, 04 April 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Guest_Black gold saw._*

Guest_Black gold saw._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Chimeria is nice :D

#9 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5262 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Chimeria is nice :D

Damn straight :)

Cant believe I was forgetting scar symmetry tho

while i am at it you may like before the dawn

and old but always good in flames hmmm really need to start listening to them more.... I do have all their CDs after all :lol:

Posted Image

#10 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

I agree that The Arcane Dominion/Evocation/Whatever was a great album, but don't use Eluveitie's acoustic stuff to demonstrate their awesomeness metalwise :P. But it is a great demonstration of Anna's hotness :D.

EDIT: Forum software and I don't get along too well it seems. At least check out Thousandfold there, it's made of win and a bit darker than Inis Mona. The album Thousandfold is from, Everything Remains as it Never Was, also has a bit of a storyline. Their latest one, Helvetios, is power metal-esque in that sense of telling a damn good story based on history.

Eluveitie - Inis Mona
Eluveitie - Thousandfold

Better representation there. Heavier stuff than that, I would suggest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f428vUZmmc
<- Also good

More recently from them,

Last one there is a bit lighter, but hey, you never know.

Best advice I can give though is to listen to Death.FM. They play a pretty good variety of heavy metal.

EDIT 2: Check out Dark Tranquility if you get a chance. They're an excellent melodic death metal band. Markiemrboo got me hooked on them and In Flames. If he's still lurking around here somewhere, he should come up and post some suggestions :P.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger, 05 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#11 90sgamer

90sgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm a fan of symphonic/melodic metal myself.

@ Stonerboy - great stuff, Sirenia, Nighwish (especially older albums), Eluveitie are all great bands I own albums from. I've also heard of Cradle of Filth, Mushuggah, and Hammerfall, but don't own any of their stuff.

Here's a sampling of the harder stuff from a few favorite bands:

My favorite band is probably EPICA.

Diabulus in Musica is also really good:

Leave's Eyes is a Viking-flavored metal band thats also good.

It's probably not really what you are looking for, but there you go. For some reason the mix of melodic female vocals and death grunts pushes the right buttons for me.
I've discovered these bands exclusively online. I've never met anyone who likes this kind of music in the US, or even has heard of these bands. I don't exactly hang in a "metal" crowd so that probably doesn't help. Its a shame lol.

Edited by 90sgamer, 05 April 2012 - 12:09 AM.

[Thor] Windows 7 Pro x64 || Rosewill Thor V2 || Core i7 3770k || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 || EVGA Geforce GTX 670 || ASUS Xonar DSX || Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB, Crucial M4 256GB, 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || Corsair TX850 ||

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Simone] Ubuntu Linux 64bit || Antec 200 || Core i7 920 || ASUS Rampage III Formula || 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 || XFX Radeon 5870 || WD Caviar Blue || Corsair TX650M ||

My Steam Profile My Facebook Profile

#12 Guest_Black gold saw._*

Guest_Black gold saw._*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Needs more cowbell.