Get banned from playing Cod6 Multiplayer with 3 screens?

mattwalter85

Hey guys I'm about to setup my three monitors with 2 275's in sli and i've herad about people getting banned for using 3 monitors playing cod6 multiplayer..... this doesn't really make any sense to me so I need some help with this issue. Obviously this isn't the only game im going to be playing on this setup but i play it alot and its one of my fav games and i've love to play it with three monitors but not if i'm going to get banned. any help would help alot, thanks guy.

well the resolution is there but u have to use this widescreen fixer utitility to get the full field of vision like you would normally have when playing single player and supposively this is considered a hack or cheat......

Yea if you're using the FoV hack then you probably will get banned. Now I know what your talking about. You threw me off when you said CoD 6 = CoD MW2 and 3 monitors. I know it by its other name.

Yea I remember that FoV hack, it was only meant to be a singleplayer fix and not multiplayer. This is from my knowledge when the FoV hack first released about a few days after MW2 came out. It was giving me the dizzy spells on SP.

You just can't use the FoV hack. If the game supports multi-monitors then you can use them. You just can't use the FoV hack. The game will look weird and fisheyed on multiple monitors without being able to change the FoV

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I set up a 3 monitors configuration 6 months ago, I have been playing on CoD WaW and I can say that some PunkBuster activated servers will ban you, but not all, it depends on the rules set by the admin.

Concerning CoD 6 MW2 and 3 monitors, I'm sick of hearing: "one friend said that ..." Bla bla bla...

I never heard about someone really banned for that on forums. If it would have been the case, this Guy would have done a revolution, so you would have seen it on TV... :rofl:

I just sent an email to Steam Support (what everyone should do) asking if i could be banned for that...and here's the answer :

Hello Seb,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We do not provide analysis of third party software for VAC compliance. Any third party software you use in conjunction with Steam should be done at your own discretion.

The VAC system does not generate false-positives. Only cheats (modifications designed to give one player an advantage over other players) will trigger a VAC ban.

If you have questions about a specific third party application, please contact the developer of the application for assistance.

For more information on the VAC System, please see this article:

Title: Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC)

URL:

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

I guess it's a NO !

if you want to see my complete request AND the reply:

https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=8024-YIHV-4515

I 'm going to test it during 2 weeks, only in public online servers, and I will come back then and confirm to you, wether or not Widescreen Fixer use is Bannable.

Cheers

iw4mp2010080823360615po.jpg

Edited by GareScieMorT