gtx 260 216 sp 55nm

Hey guyz

I am ready to buy a new card for my gaming rig and i was wondering will my E6550 at 3.32ghz bottleneck the card.

I was also wondering if i should get the Gainward Gtx260 216sp 55nm for $334 Aus dollars or should i pay a extra $16 for the Evga $349.50. If there is a better card for 1680x1050 in a similar price please tell. Its in Australian dollars by the way.

Thx in advance.

Hey guyz

I am ready to buy a new card for my gaming rig and i was wondering will my E6550 at 3.32ghz bottleneck the card.

I was also wondering if i should get the Gainward Gtx260 216sp 55nm for $334 Aus dollars or should i pay a extra $16 for the Evga $349.50. If there is a better card for 1680x1050 in a similar price please tell. Its in Australian dollars by the way.

Thx in advance.

UMart has the MSI 216sp for $259.00

Check out MSY as well, not sure where you are located.

The card will work well with your CPU.

Msy sell gtx 260 216sp? never noticed since it just says Gtx 260. The Asus one is the same price as evga and the gigabyte version is $289. Should i just get a gigabyte?

nice to hear that my cpu will not bottleneck the gpu.

Thx

Msy sell gtx 260 216sp? ....

I'd be surprised if they had old stock (192 sp), but a phone call would confirm it.

Your best bet is the cheapest 216sp version you can obtain, + Riva Tuner for a nice speed-bump :)

....edit.... if you were prepared to spend that much to begin with, MSY have the GTX 275 for $349.00, UMart have one for $339.00

I don't believe it's worth the extra $$ from the GTX 260 216 though.

Edited by fmc_boss

yea i might aswell pay $20 for a Asus 4890 which would beat the 216 core in my resolution. Plus it comes with a voltage tweak for more overclocking.

Edit: will the 4890 be bottlenecked by my cpu? My powersupply should be able to run it since it has 46 amps on the 12v railing.

Thx for help

Edited by iOverclock

...will the 4890 be bottlenecked by my cpu?...

Don't worry about a 'bottleneck', you'll notice a big improvement over your 8800 regardless which card you end up getting ;)

I cant get evga since im getting the 4890 so i think i would go for the XFX one which would be the best company for radeon cards in warranty or should i just get the Asus version for $40 cheaper? Edit: Nvm im getting a gtx 275 asus or gigabyte?

Edited by iOverclock