Good long usb 3 Cables

kennethk

In the near future I'll be needing a longer usb 3 cable that's about a couple feet long, any suggestions or could I use a usb 3 extension cable of any kind? Such as this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-3-FT-A-Male-to-Female-M-F-Extension-Data-Sync-Cord-Cable-3FT-/390771069231?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item5afbc5512f

If you get them let me know how they work... USB 3.0 might be better since it's a higher current but I remember with any USB 2.0 extension, only flash drives or low power devices would work. My external hard drives (that would be completely powered by the port) would not have enough current to run.

If you get them let me know how they work... USB 3.0 might be better since it's a higher current but I remember with any USB 2.0 extension, only flash drives or low power devices would work. My external hard drives (that would be completely powered by the port) would not have enough current to run.

Yeah thats what my concerin was, I can get 80mbps+ on my desktop now that I got a usb3 external.