What would cause this?

I have a thermaltake 800w power supply that I've been using since April.

I leave my PC on all of the time, so I can do what ever.

I came home from work today, and the circuit in my office was tripped. So I unplug everything, and fix the circuit, start plugging things in, and

as soon as I plug in my PC, it trips again. So I decided that it was a bad fuse in the house;

Keep in mind, I've had this PC plugged in to the same outlet in the house for 3 months now.

I move it to another room in the house, plug it in, flip the PSU switch, and it trips that curcuit.

Could all of my breakers be bad? Or could it be something more, like my PSU going bad?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have another PSU, try that and see if the problem happens again. If it does well, the TT PSU you have could be drawing too many amps or something causing the breaker to trip. As to why it would, I haven't a clue. Try for an RMA if you're still under warranty.

Well, if nothing is on the same circuit and you're tripping breakers (probably 15 or 20 amp...), something is definitely wrong [with the power supply]. You shouldn't be pulling that kind of current from the wall, even with a 800W power supply.

If you need a test load for a circuit, try a space heater (easily 1500W), blender, large vacuum, etc. :)