Okay guys

kennethk

Taking a look at my specs which part do you think I should upgrade to next? I was thinking about throwing in either an SSD or a 8320 with a raid.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, it's not worth it.

The reason is, is that if you are going to use it as a boot drive, you could settle for less space.

If you want to install a game or 2 on it, i would recommend to go 256gb or higher.

I wouldn't be installing any games to as I have about 5tbs worth of space, may just keep a few photos and song collections on it.

Imo, it's not worth it.

The reason is, is that if you are going to use it as a boot drive, you could settle for less space.

If you want to install a game or 2 on it, i would recommend to go 256gb or higher.

I wouldn't be installing any games to as I have about 5tbs worth of space, may just keep a few photos and song collections on it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/ref=twister_B00C9UFTGO

Much better deal.  The M500 is the "old" generation budget minded drive, but any SSD is going to grin coming from a mechanical HDD.  With pricing now the 240-256GB class seems to be the best value right now with around $120 for most budget oriented drives to around $190 for the extra speedy stuff.  Most of my drives are one the more budget minded end but I have a couple higher end for their time but one thing I will tell you, when you boot windows and start doing something immediately even the old 30GB Kingston I for for $55 back when a 120GB SSD was around $200 will make you smile vs the fastest mechanical drives.

Imo, it's not worth it.

If this is the case even a 64gb would suffice.

I have a 64gb drive myself for booting purposes and i still have 20gb left after installing multiple programs on it.

I would wait for a price decrease for the bigger drives, just in case you want to install a a game on it that could use the speed of the SSD.

Alrighty, how long do you guys think I should wait before upgrading my cpu? I'm guessing my gpu will last a few good years.

Your cpu will last for a good few years as well ;)

Imo, it's not worth it.

If this is the case even a 64gb would suffice.

I have a 64gb drive myself for booting purposes and i still have 20gb left after installing multiple programs on it.

I would wait for a price decrease for the bigger drives, just in case you want to install a a game on it that could use the speed of the SSD.

Alrighty, how long do you guys think I should wait before upgrading my cpu? I'm guessing my gpu will last a few good years.

Your cpu will last for a good few years as well ;)

I'm not that picky when it comes to load time, I'd just want something that'll boot into windows faster. :P 

Another question I had would I notice a major difference if I go with a 120mm raid over a 240mm?