Market for pre tested oc'd cpus?

My brother just built an i7-4790k system. I guess he was one of the lucky ones because he achieved a stable 5.1ghz overclock on a noctua nh-d15 and coollaboratory liquid metal ultra tim inside a coolermaster haf-x tower. Left it running prime 95 for 12 hours with no problem. Just out of curiosity will people pay large premiums for devils canyon chips that will run over 5ghz on air 100% guaranteed? How much extra would they go for?

Edited by Laststop

That was almost the same question Intel asked right before the introduced the K-SKU chips. The premium is about 30-40 bucks over a non K SKU. However when you look at boutique builder pricing it seems that well off users with the cash to spare will spend 10K plus on a system with a guaranteed clock speed chip. If you look at ebay you will see its littered with the chips that did not make the cut being sold by those with the means to buy and bin chips to find that gem. 

Running 5.1GHz prime stable on air using Haswell or Devils canyon is indeed a rare find.  

i didnt even think it was that big a deal but i looked into it and yea 5.0ghz+ seems not easy to find doable but not easy. I hate pushing max oc's personally. i always bump my oc down like 300 mhz once i find the max

A few people who like to aim for the world record overclocks with LN2 are usually interested, though they might not pay a premium. Most buy CPU's from different batch numbers to see which batches might be better for overclocking, then buy a couple from the same batch #. When it's a rare find like what you found, some enthusiasts might even buy it, though I've yet to find someone that would pay more than $100 retail over it. If I found an overclocker like that, I'd keep it for bragging rights. :)