can't overclock since installing new graphics card ?

hi guys , i have a really weird problem  :( 

a few days ago i bought a new nvidia gtx 650 oc edition . when i installed the card my computer would boot  but my usb mouse would not work , i got an error in my device manager as code 43 on the gpu and a standard openHCD usb host controller error , drivers not loaded . 

previous to this i had a 9800gt green edition and i had my cpu overclocked to 3.52 Ghz.

i managed to get my mouse and usb problem to go away by turning on cool&quiet in my bios as well as removing my overclock . 

i thought it was a power supply issue so i have bought a new one , an ocz 700 mxsp . 

things i have also tried were , uninstall my graphics drivers - then run ccleaner , rebooted run again , install latest drivers using a clean install method . 

i have re-applied thermal paste to my cpu and north bridge ,re-seated all my memory and connectors. 

my specs are 

mobo   Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) with latest bios 

amd phenom II x2 550 Black edition

Palit gtx 650 oc edition 

6GB corsair xms 2 ddr2 memory

ocz 700 mxsp power supply

windows 7 64 bit ultimate with sp1

samsung f3 1TB hdd

now before i put the new card in i could run at 3.52 Ghz no problem , but now i have to use stock speed so any help you guys can give would be much appreciated 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a similar issue today with a video card. When I put it in with the bus speed raised ANY above stock it would not boot. even going from 100 to 101 cause it to fail.

I've tried locking the bus speed to 100 and upping my voltages slightly , but as soon as i overclock i loose my mouse and device manager shows a code 43 on the gpu . i don't know how the card or windows would know I've overclocked , also i get a blue screen if i turn off cool and quiet in the bios ??