tablet for uni

Muchoman1

sounds good, but what im talking about is they were playing skyrim on the transformer prime with all settings maxed, via a pc, the game is rendered by the pc and then the video is compressed and streamed. they had a xbox 360 controller hooked up to the tablet.

it all worked wirelessly and can be used remotely, so if ive got a hour between lectures and no study to do, i can always keep myself entertained :evilgrin:

Damn straight.... see the point of HD now? :lol:

That does mean taking a controller too but with no books in you bag it should be fine

Edit: talking about time between study i am screwed this semester. Monday 3 hours break, Tuesday and Wednesday if I remember right both have 2 hours, it hurts to think how much time I am going to be wasting.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Damn straight.... see the point of HD now? :lol:

That does mean taking a controller too but with no books in you bag it should be fine

Edit: talking about time between study i am screwed this semester. Monday 3 hours break, Tuesday and Wednesday if I remember right both have 2 hours, it hurts to think how much time I am going to be wasting.

bah, full hd just means more it has to stream, my full hd 23 inch monitors are so clear, so full hd on a 10 inch at only slightly further away seems like a waste.

but yes, i wont mind carrying a controller, or you can plug in a wired/wireless mouse and game pc style

The touchscreen keyboard would drive me nuts.

Transformer prime with detachable keyboard, HD screen and it Tegra 3 chipset and 64Gb internal storage. To complement a Tegra 3 based smartphone with 4.5" oled screen with 3x op zoom 12MP camera and 64Gb internal storage. Both running ice-cream sandwich or greater.

That is what I really want now and hope to have within the next year.

The touchscreen keyboard would drive me nuts.

Transformer prime with detachable keyboard, HD screen and it Tegra 3 chipset and 64Gb internal storage. To complement a Tegra 3 based smartphone with 4.5" oled screen with 3x op zoom 12MP camera and 64Gb internal storage. Both running ice-cream sandwich or greater.

That is what I really want now and hope to have within the next year.

im fine with the current 32gb transformer and my galaxy s2. ill most likely use the s2 till the end of its plan (1.5 years left) and use the transformer till i have finished my bachelors part of my degree (3 years), then im planning on working as a mining engineer for a year up north, earn some big money then finish my triple masters. i will probably get a new laptop when i return to uni

im fine with the current 32gb transformer and my galaxy s2. ill most likely use the s2 till the end of its plan (1.5 years left) and use the transformer till i have finished my bachelors part of my degree (3 years), then im planning on working as a mining engineer for a year up north, earn some big money then finish my triple masters. i will probably get a new laptop when i return to uni

Big money for you then an you got a scholarship for your course too didn't you?

Me not so lucky at 6k+ a semester for the next 4 years of my electronic engineering course.

well guys, im getting the tablet in about half an hour, im getting the 64gb model because its only 60 bucks more and a decent 32gb sd card is around that much, so im saving myself the hassle

heres hoping all goes well

hey guys, so i got the 64gb model today, it works great, although the keyboard is fairly different from my 7g (the whole laptop is smaller than my keyboard is)

it ran for about 3 hours before "updating" itself to ICS, and ever since it did that its been horrible. i like ICS more than the old one, but it crashes and reboots constantly (every 5-10 min)

apparently this issue is fairly common (there are a few threads about it on some andoid websites) and its being a huge PITA. im going to see what can be done about it tomorrow (im looking at getting a new unit, that seemed to fix alot of peoples problems)

this is annoying but the hardware itself is exactly what i was looking for