Facebook: How to avoid notifications from a friend?

Fragsman

Well I have a friend, I still want to be his friend but.

He is stupi.dly fanatic about our president. I'm against a lot of things she is doing so his 5 post per day are driving me crazy. We discussed a lot because of that with him and his friends who fervently support him and the president (they're all crazies).

Anyway that didn't matter.

I want keep him as a friend but I do not want to see his post anymore unless I go to his wall.

Thank you!!!

Edit: NVM my friend found it. You go to the friend and click on "Report/Block" and then you choose "Unsuscribe". Ahhh so happy now!

Edited by loco_frags

You should be able to hover your cursor over any of his posts and a drop down arrow should appear in the upper right corner of the post, in that drop down arrow's menu you should see "hide...", just click that and it will hide that specific post as well as give you more options and one of those options should be "hide all posts from so and so".

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to be friends with someone that drives you nuts?

Because apart from Politics ideals he seemed to be a cool guy to me. Until I found he is a crapin President-fanatic. I also asked him. Do the president pay you to post this . everyday? Because that is KNOWN.. Goverment pay stu.pid guys to write good things about them in Internet. Also goverment pay people to be present in their speeches. That's pathetic I hate goverment and politics.

Edited by loco_frags

I also asked him. Do the president pay you to post this . everyday? Because that is KNOWN.. Goverment pay stu.pid guys to write good things about them in Internet. Also goverment pay people to be present in their speeches. That's pathetic I hate goverment and politics.

For a minute I thought you lived in the United States :)

Do you get free phones too?

For a minute I thought you lived in the United States :)

Do you get free phones too?

No, that also happens there????? Our president went there last week .. she was at NY and gave some conferences where she was "attacked" by some Argentinians studends in Harvard. She was't attacked, but she always answer what she wants. If something bothers her then she escapes the question and say something different pretending she had responded.

Something funny was when they (TV) said she wears in the most exclusive shops.. $25.000 bag. And Obama's woman (1st Lady) wears in a common shop. Is that true? Or was an Invent from our local TV to make she look bad. That hasa reason is supossed that USA 1st Lady will wear most expensive than my country presindent since I hate to admit but USA is a world power against Argentina. And is supossed she is more $$$$ Wealthy.. but my president is wealthy.. legit or non-legit.. that's the thing I don't like.

Tere is a big fight here between Goverment who want to control all the information (they already giving . information, for example Inflation....) and Clarin which is the biggest media company here. Goverment doesn't like them because they are against them and as they are so popupar and massive Goverment can't hide the truth sometimes. If we were informed by goverment it would be a dissaster.. Everything is pretty expensive. Taxes goes up. Salaries also goes up but not as fast as product prices and taxes. Technology importation has a 30% charge (there was an excuse of product national things). But what with things not produced here??? So buy hardware is pretty expsnvie. I bought my main rig for 1800 dollar 2 year ago when there was no problem for buying dollars. It was like $7500. It was a decent month salary. Nowadays they say you can "survive" a day with $6. HAHAHAHHAHA You can't even buy a crapin sandwitch with $6.... And a lot of more bad things.

Dollar is $4,7 but u can't buy, it is forbidden unless you present A LOT of papers demonstrating you're having a trip to another country. The only way to buy dollar is from non-official sources and it is $5-6... crapin expensive. I'm not saing that is bad because we have to take care of our economy butThe crapin president and his crapin gang is full of dollars and they spend a lot but the normal citizens do not have rights to buy!

The only good thing she has done was reclaim YPF which the biggest petrol company in Argentina. It was like 50% belonging to Spain. Now is 100% from us, and because that Spain .. well they are kinda angry but I don't give a BEEP :P

The country is pretty divided right now. Perhaps social networks made it more visible but I have never seen it. Or you are with president or you are against, there is no like middle term. That sucks..

Edited by loco_frags

My phone joke was a jab at a recently highly publicized federal program that helps pay phone service for people who have incomes 135% below the federal poverty level ($30,000 per year for a family of four). The program was instituted back in 1985 and was intended to provide discounts to income eligible participants to obtain and maintain land line telephone service. Apparently everybody deserves phone service regardless of ability to pay. At any rate, back in 2008 the program was expanded to include cell phone service. In 2008 the program cost the public 772 million dollars a year, and since then the program has swelled to 1.6 billion (yes.. that is billion) dollars a year. Every phone subscriber in the U.S. (subscribers that pay a REAL phone bill) get charged an extra fee on their monthly bill to fund the program. I think it's the line item on the bill titled "Federal Universal Service Fund".

The irony is that the whole mess became very public when one of our Senators received a mailing that told her she qualified for a subsidized phone :)

To add fuel to the fire there was a youtube video that went viral;

Don't let any US politician fool you. They are all rich - no matter what they claim or where they claim to shop. You don't get to be a politician in the US without some major financial backing - whether that is other people's money or your own.

LOL we have what you said with LCDs It is called "LCD for all" or some shhhh*** like that... so poors might not be able to aquire a good education, food, etc, etc. but they will end stealing Cable Signal, Light, etc.

ps: anyyyyyway.. one thing is steal cable another is share... a lot of ppl share cable.. since it has become pretty expensive (and movies are old, and they put commercials between moves so it doesn't worth it) so you pay 50/50 with ur neighbor..