[Monitor Problems] [3 Monitors] Windows 7 "Unable to save display

Inf_Dev

Hello OverClockersClub,

I am having a problem running triple monitors on Windows 7. When I choose "Extend this display" and click save it gives me the error "Unable To Save Display Settings". At first I was using a passive DVI to HDMI converter, after reading I found that it won't work because there is not enough power for the conversion process. So I bought a Mini-Display port to HDMI cable. This is what each monitor is running (In cable terms)

Dell ST2240L (1920x1080) = DVi - DVi

Dell S2240L (1920x1080) = Mini Display - HDMI

Dell S2240L (1920x1080) - HDMI - HDMI

My GPU is a XFX Radeon 6870.

Here is the back of the GPU.

http://i.imgur.com/bZGMuLX.jpg

Thanks,

Inf_Dev

You need a active display port adapter. Simple fix. 

You are correct the first one you bought is passive, but sadly you bought another passive one(I can tell from the pic, an active would be much bigger), just because it goes to HDMI doesn't change the fact that it has to be active.

You will need something like this

Edited by Black64

Hello,

I bought the recommended adapter from above and it arrived today. I installed the new adapter and it is still giving me the same error. If anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know. I have a blank brand new monitor that I can't use.

Thanks,

Inf_Dev

If I remember correctly its the HDMI that's the problem. The HDMI cancels out one of the main feeds. At least it used to, I don't know if that has been corrected or not. I use all DVI monitors to avoid the hassle.