NF4 Ultra-D> Successful DFI build!

Thought i'd drop in and say hi to everyone. I'm a DFI newb, this was my first DFI build and it was smooth. I used the software that came with the board, i haven't been to the site to get the recent update yet (i'm on dial up so I have to go over a friend's house for my updating). I still need to intall SP2 though. However everything so far is running fine. I haven't overclocked and I don't plan on it b/c of the ram I have. I may bump it up a hair later on. As of now, i'm just using the "stock" (bios auto detect) settings for the memory. I will most likely update the BIOS soon, but i'm just getting a feel for what it's doing as of now! :D

1 quick question: I set up a SATA RAID 0 config using the guide from angrygames (nice) it works great! everytime I reboot my pc the "BIOS screen flys by too fast to get a glimpse at my bios ver. (however I run the AMD utility and find out) and then the F10 RAID screen comes up, then it boots on into windows. My question is, is it "normal" for the F10 screen to always show up? or is that a way of proving that the RAID array exists? Thanks!

this won't answer your question but, you should integrate sp2 with xp. Angry_Game has wrote a nice tutorial about it in the sticky thread. By the way, welcome to DFI. :)

i was just reading up on that :D !! and thanx!

Welcome!

Yes this is normal for f10 screen. I wish it was faster myself.

I think the bios screen flying by is probably from the 4mbit flash memory these boards have, not so much the raid, but anyway, congrats on the smooth build!

Let me be the first to warn you about the ntune software. If you are going to use the ntune, then only use it to moniter.

Welcome!

Yes this is normal for f10 screen. I wish it was faster myself.

I think the bios screen flying by is probably from the 4mbit flash memory these boards have, not so much the raid, but anyway, congrats on the smooth build!

Let me be the first to warn you about the ntune software. If you are going to use the ntune, then only use it to moniter.

thanx much Fight Game!

Yes I took heed to the nTune warnings! So I don't use it! Oh and another note, I read on here that a few people were having problems with the nVidia "IDE drivers" package when they install. So I DID NOT install the IDE drivers, but with the others, i did!

• 2 weeks later...