DFI LP NF4 Mem Divider Chart

This might be a repost, but iono. I was bored at work and I wanted to know how the mem dividers will be useful for my burnin of RAM for my 3700+, and so I decided to use Excel. Might as well help everyone right?

For those of you who don't know, the divider isn't as simple as FSB * divider as I remembered in the Intel 845 days.

The exact formula is:

DRAM Clock = CPU Clock / (ceil(CPU Clock Multiplier/Memory Divider))

memdividerchart.gif

Could you explain this a little more please? What is ceil? The dividers in shown like 9/10, 8/10, etc. What are these with 13/12 ?

Maybe you could explain mine for an example. I use HTT (or what some like to call FSB) @ 306 with my memory on a 9/10 divider.

So are you saying my ram is not running at 306*9/10=275.4mhz?

CEIL = ceiling.. meaning round up basically. (ceil 1.55) = 2... (floor 1.55) = 1.

These are for rev E CPUs that can go BEYOND DDR 400.

I actually cannot confirm anything as I don't even have my parts (see sig below).... I just go the info off from Anandtech article which was testing the greater than 1:1 dividers. You are mentioning the lower dividers like 9/10, etc, which I'm not covering here....

Refer to: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41595 for the sub 1:1 dividers.

And of course this is for stock speeds. If you overclock, refer to the general formula...