Dfi Lanprty Ultra II B Boot Problems

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i got so much spare crap lying around that i am seriously gonna have to cut it and dump it, far too much. Thing is when you dump it there will come that time that you "need" that thing you dumped and you will kick yourself for chucking it in the first place.....OH the quandries will i dump it or will i keep it? LOL.

hehehe, i got a few keyboards and mice around here too :) its hard to throw stuff away sometimes, the min I do a day or 2 later never fails, I wish I still had the stupid thing, so here I go off to buy the very thing I threw out

Hi,

I've got a similar problem with the same board. I've got it since a few months an it worked wthout any problems. Today I changed my water cooling system, because I' ve bought a new one.

Now, after the installation of the new system, the pc doesn't boot!

The LED-code says the following:

1st and 2nd LED are on. Then they are off and the 3rd LED is on. After that the 3rd goes off and the 4th goes on...

Could you please help me!?

I don't know what the problem could be, because I haven't changed the coolers from my hardware. I' ve only changed the tubes, the pump and the radiator.

I tried to make my sig, as it's supposed, but I don't know every part of my pc, because a friend of mine has buildt it completely. I don't know what the actual problem with my system is, because i didn't touch the hardware, when I changed the liquid-cooling.

Yeah it looks like he has a prob with one of his input devices. I would be pulling all that kind of stuff and replacing it with 2nd test stuffs. But then again what saddo would keep spare mice, keyboards and Floppys etc lying around,,,,,,,ME LOL ;)

You know what Loggan, looking at that chart it looks like it cycles through the LED's backwards, if it follows the same order as that guide that is, and i'd assume it would.... So what he might be thinking is LED 1&2 could possibly actually be LED 3&4. If it follows the order of the guide it goes like this...

LED 4, LED 3, LED 4 & 3, LED 2 etc.

Anyone looking at it might assume it was LED 1, LED 2, LED 1 & 2, LED 3 etc.

Wish i had a LanParty B then i could confirm if thats the case... Because if it is, then it would be DRam related...

First it sticks on the 1st and the 2nd LED. Than it changes to the 3rd and after that ist sticks on the 4th. Than it sticks again on the 1st and the 2nd and so on.

So it just keeps cycling endlessly throughtout the LED's and never stops? Are you sure about the LED order?

This is how they are numbered:

leds2bk.png

Thanks for the replies guys

Shinobi your picture of the led order above is correct and how they are marked on my board.

I have the board outside of a case havent even fitted it in yet as i was wanting to try out the ez touch switches on the board to test it before fitting.

I am booting up with minimum equipment but no lights on keyboard at switch on which is strange (checked keyboard in my othersystem and it is working fine. A mouse plugged in lights up though.

I thought even if there was no keyboard plugged in it should still post and then halt with a keyboard error.

So still no post screen for me yet and just leds 1 and 2 ON on the diagnostic leds.

Struggling for other things to try now nearing time to send it back :confused:

Yes, I'm sure about the LED-order. On the mainboard are numbers next to the LEDs and I checked them. All LED-numbers are completely as I wrote it.

Normally there is one problem shown by the LEDs and not 3 (as it would be the case here). I called a pc-sellerand he said, that there could be a problem with the coolers on the cpu or the northbridge.

I'm gonna check that out tomorrow and I hope, that just a cooler doesn't fit properly. Than the problem would be solved really fast.

But I would be pleased, if you still could try to find out, what could be wrong with it. If you've got other advices, I would be pleased to read them.