Having Some Computer Trouble....

I managed to get my rig up and running with no problems but since then some have developed. I have even booted up using "Safe Settings" in the bios so overclocking does not seem to be the culprit. Here are a few things I have noticed:

1. Computer boots up slow - takes longer than my older (slower) computer to boot up.

2. I cannot shut it down. In other words I go to shut down and it starts the shut-down sequence and even goes to the light blue screen which says (Windows Is Shutting Down" and there it hangs indefinately. I end up having to shut if of using the power switch.

3. I cannot do a "Windows Update" online. It goes through the motions but when it says it is verifying what I have already it hangs there.

4. I went to my computer properties and when I click on the tab labeled "Windows Update" it locks up.

I am running the latest nVidia drivers for both the Nforce board and 6600 GT card. I am on WinXP SP2. I was able to update my windows (through MS) when I first installed it. I am also running Norton Internet Security Suite and a few other standard programs. Nothing I was not running on my old computer.

You can check out my sig for more info or please feel free to ask.

I would love to get this rig up and running since I am excited about using it.

As far as overclocking I have not been able to get it pas 2.3/2.4 mhz which is ok assuming everything else works well.

Thanks all,

MasterJack 2k

I would recommend updating your bios to (623-3) the latest dfi bios. Just give it a shot and see if it works out for you. Power down the pc and unplug it from power and use the clear cmos jumper. Power up and let it clear. Then power down and unplug and set the jumper back. Plug it back in and flash. Then on first boot load optimized defaults. See if that helps. If not I would reinstall windows and use the latest NF4 drivers from www.nvidia.com. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip. I actually do have the 6/23 bios installed and the latest nVida drivers (6.66). It was working at one time but it stopped all of a sudden. It may be some software I installed which caused it to do that. I wll try to backtrack it..... thanks again.

MasterJack