what p4 an xp m @2,5ghz can outperform?

hi,

i was asking my self what a xp m at 2,5ghz is comparable to,talking about p4 processors.

i give a look to sisfot sandra,but in the cpu list i can see many p4 ...

try to do a benckmark and found that there are different p4 in the comparision chart,some one of that are 2smt..what it means?

models of p4 not 2smt are much slower thant [email protected]

it means hiper trading activated or something like that?

I think all AMD mobile owners have asked that question. How fast is this cpu? Well here are my benchmarks from a year ago.

AMD 2600 mobile @ 2600 MHz 466 fsb

Sandra cpu multi media 23588-25212 Arthimetic 9499-3939

AquaMark3 cpu 8800

PcPitstop cpu 758

P4 2.6 canterwood @ 3.25 GHz 1000 fsb

Sandra cpu multi media 24997-35613 Arthimetic 10176-3931

AquaMark3 cpu 9715

PcPitstop cpu 574

Simultaneous multi-threading is the ability of a single physical processor to simultaneously dispatch instructions from more than one hardware thread context. With SMT, Simultaneous Multi Threading, and SMP, Symmetric Multi Processing, we have two ways of going beyond the limitations of a conventional single-threaded processor. SMP is simply the addition of another single-threaded processor and results in a configuration being able to execute two threads simultaneously; SMT is the presence of another logical processor within the same physical processor and again the ability to execute two threads simultaneously.

pentuims are good for multi tasking and are very realiable when paired with the right chipsets, however amd is very good for multimedia and gaming as well as good stable Oc's. intels pentuimM/D is beating AMD hard though, if it gains clocks and becomes mainstream AMD is in trouble.

AMD had their reign for a while, now intel gets a try at it. I think of it as more of a partnership then a competition. If they take turns putting out whats the hot item they can spur more users to buy a new system, it's alot more tempting for a socket a users to upgrade to something as drastically different as a pentium D then it is to upgrade to an A64, even though the A64 is a killer platform it's still an improved socket A. The draw of something new and exciteing is exactly what the market needs to get upgraders into new system owners. I wouldn't be suprised if next year AMD throws out a processor that beats intels chips for a great price. Same idea goes for ATI vs nvidia, ATI could probably compete with the 7800gt for bleeding edge but why burst the bank trying to do so. Same goes for xbox vs ps3, xbox is going to own the market initially with it's universal 3-core processor and it's universal gpu, it'll be easier on programers and the initial titles will own the xbox. The ps3 haveing a more specific and different platform will take alot of work and getting used to by programers but it will pay off in the long run. You don't think they did that on accident?