DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Memory Problems

Board: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA

Memory: Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT 512mb pc3200x2

Ok I'm posting this for a friend, because well, he's building his computer and it's not working. So If you have any questions ask them and I'll get back to it asap.

The problem is in dual channel mode, the system will not post, in single channel mode, it will boot all the way up to windows and within minutes blue screen memory leak error.

the board has been replaced, and so have both sticks, its been in a computer shop and they couldn't fix it (I just think they are just retarded but worth a shot)

He is half way across the country so unfortunatly I can't troubleshoot it very well and he is basic computer literate,

We've come up with possible bad ram voltage or timing, powersupply rail issues, and the fsb in the settings not reading correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Optimised or fail safe bios defaults should be used for testing...also you are using a fresh XP installation right? If all this is right and you have the latest bios then I agree...could be RAM, processor, or power supply. I'd say board too but you say it's already been replaced...maybe some of the DFI experts have anything to add?

Another thing to do to test RAM is to test single channel mode using 1 stick at a time...that way you can test if it's the RAM.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.