Question

Ok, I just ran across something I find odd. According to http://www.sysopt.com/articles/p3oc/index.html the MAX p3 core voltage is 2.3. Well, I'm running HMonitor @ the moment and it's reporting my core voltage @ 2.47. This intel board is locked, and I don't see how this could be. I don't think I can up the voltage in the bios, I will give it a look after I post this. Why do you think I am getting this reading? My cpu temp is at 34 degrees at the moment, and is very stable. In the HMonitor box the "2.47" is highlighted in a RED box, which cant be good. All the other boxes are white. Any suggestions? Did I buy an overclocked chip? Its a 1.0ghz by the way.

Thanks for the nachos.

?

well..

did you put together this cumputer?

because if you did.. you would have had to set the voltage that high.. or its standerd that high.. so.. the real question if you built the machine is..

did you buy a 1ghz processer?

If you bought the box with everything preinstalled..

it could be overclocked.. but.. not that much.. like.. from a 933 to 1ghz.. no way... I increased the voltage and it only bumped it up a tad.

I dunno.. that is wiggity waked though

I bought the computer custom built. I went to a local store and told them what I wanted about a year ago. After popping open the case I learned I would never go back to them!

I'm thinking it might be overclocked too, I can imagine those bastards doing something like that. Ever since I've ran Hmonitor its given me those readings, I always thought they were odd, but the chip runs fine so I never questioned it. Seeing that article made me think diffrent. I can't up the voltage in the bios, and I'm wondering how they did it, if thats what they did. I'm going to format and reinstall soon....when I do should I clear the CMOS? That should set the voltage back to default, whatever that may be, right?

Word of Caution - CMC computers in Westminster, Maryland SUX! They tell you its a GeForce.....but they forget to mention the MX....nuff said <_<