SLI-DR problems

Hello everybody. Just purchased this board and I like it alot. A few things I need help with. I can make windows bsod if I have my xfire + aim running, load up my newsgroup program, and run teamspeak. If I hold down the talk button while those programs are running , I get a bsod, a quick one that goes by fast and I can barely make out error, then it resets. looks like mvsp.sys is the file that gets error. If I do anything else its fine tho. This is a fresh install. I can say play counter strike source fine, cept I notice some fps slowdowns , and some other quirky things. My memory timings are 3-3-8-3, and Bios date says 1/25. Running on a a64 3200+ venice core. Was wondering where to go from here. Its the same error, if I use any stick of ram by itself, or both. Should I update bios first? I notice when i try and change the voltage on memory it wont let me as well, just pops back to 2.68. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi

personally, I'd update to BIOS 3/10 first. This is the latest 'official' BIOS from DFI. Lots of people here are running the 5/10(2) and 6/18(2) BIOS's and are reporting great things :) but these are not 'official' BIOS versions and using them will void your warranty. Me, I'm running 5/10(1) which is supposed to be not ideal for my system, but it works perfectly for me. As Angry_Games and Rgone say, "there is no best BIOS, just the best BIOS for you".

Keep your fingers crossed, and hope that 3/10 solves your problems :angel: .

GL

ricey

edit: oh yeah, and update your XP to SP2 :D. Then check out your pc3200 Corsair Value RAM on the memory sticky. I may be wrong, but I recall that Corsair Value RAM is not tolerated well by these boards.