DFI LANParty UT nF4 SLI-D Error installing windows

Guest jasonh_merged

Guest jasonh

"File ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The Error Code is 7"

Woohoo!! This is my first experience with this beauty when you put in your windows xp pro cd.. This is my rig listed below... I tried all the things I've seen on google already... I changed it to where now my DVD burner is the primary master and the two hard drives are sec mast/slave... Still get the screen, It says on microsofts website that the problem could be because of bios settings, well I load optimized defaults and it still does the same thing. I tried loading fail safe by hitting F6, but I don't see anything change from optimized..

Not to familiar with this mobo so I think that might be the issue..

I tried what it said off the microsoft site and it said hit f7 after the raid option and well... didn't do anything...

F7 doesn't do anything though even if i spam it from the time install starts... I went in bios and disabled ACPI and tried it still nothing...

So i updated the bios and here we are...

I just double checked to see if it was one of my harddrives with a new one i just bought for a friend of mine and the conclusion is it's not the HD... Just threw in my friends new SATA and the same error occured...

..............Athlon 64 3500+

............XFX 6800GT PCI-E

......DFI LANParty UT nF4 SLI-D

.....Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500

.....Maxtor_300GB_8MB_7200RPM

...2x512_pc3200 (winbond moduled)

RazerDiamondback Mouse (Best Ever)

*note removed other thread due to a terrible title and couldn't delete the post myself... My apologies..

Guest jasonh

And I have 2x512, and 2x512 ram to use.. KVR 3200 or Buffalo Tech 3200...

Guest jasonh

But I have come to some good things but I dont know what it did actually... Being as you guys are all far supperior in this area (and spelling lmao <---------) Here's a link to what I did and I updated to the new N4D623-3. And can now get to the windows CD to load completely.

Can you tell me what this means as far as what I did? And is this a good thing that I did it or can it hurt something in my box?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5844

I still don't have the full gig of ram in only the 512 in the slot2...

Guest jasonh

Well I just tried putting in the other 512 stick after windows is up and running fine, and it crashed on me again... I put the ram in the other orange slot... Is that wrong?

try on dimm slot number 2, and only one dimm.Run memtest on them, switching the dimms, (to make sure both of them are good)then, update your Bios.Then, check your timmings, and try 2.8 or 2.9 Volts, on them, dual channel.

Guest jasonh

ok thanks i'll look into that. I know the ram is good and I'm not sure about the volts.. Unless it said change it in the guide that I linked to I did not do so.

Guest jasonh

Ok well I put in the other 512 stick into the dimm slot 4 and powered it up to the bios... I'm not seeing the timings for some reason? What menu is it under and do you have an idea of the exact title? I see CAS but I'm not seeing it. The last mobo I messed with timings on ram was nf7-s 2.0 so it's been a while. What timings do you think I should have it at? Or where to start increasing it from.. Remember it is KVR and not low latency...

Also Truely I just can't find the option for ram timings / voltage....

Guest jasonh

I messed with the Dram voltage just a tad, and if i moved it to 2.8 or 2.7 instead of 2.9 with both ram sticks I actually saw my desktop for about 3 seconds before the bsod hit... Can anyone link to a page that explains this where I control my dimm voltage???

Also being as i listed my rig prior, I didn't get a2. CPU/FSB Frequency Ration Manual Set to what Your Default Multiplier Is... Well how do I find out what it is?

Thanks guys.

Guest jasonh

ok so Dram is the f'ing same thing as DIMM Voltage lol.. Got that in check now... Now for my cpu/fsb frequency...

Guest jasonh

Ok i went with 11x as the multiplier and still didn't work... So what I did was I took the gig of buffalo ram and threw it in, and all is well...

Now what steps do i take to get more performance? As in baby steps.