Asus A7n8x Install

i have an asus a7n8x and a kingwin kt-436 case. this case features 2 usb 2.0, 1 firewire, mic/speaker ports on the front of the case. essentially, there are extensions hooked up to the front ports and on the other end are the actual plugs (like a usb cable, audio cables, firewire cable,etc). i'm having trouble figuring out how to hook these up to the board.

i board comes with 2 of the 6 USB ports on a pci card. i detached the usb ports using a screwdriver. i have the 2 front usb extension cables hooked up to the usb ports which is just lying at the bottom of my case. is this how i'm supposed to hook these up?

i can't figure out how to hook up the firewire and the audio cables. please help!!!

Well, it looks like you found the usb headers at the bottom of the mb for 2 of the front usb ports. If you got the extras (I have a deluxe), you will have a couple of headers for the back PCI slots. Included is one header for an external usb post in the back (to run you usb cable from the front through a PCI cover with a hole in it) and a firewire port. All of these should be outlined in your manual. Good luck.

....but i found connectors on the board (#27 on page 5 of manual) which the manual says is for "front audio connectors". however, the "connectors" on the board are simply pins, and the cables i have running from the front audio ports are mic/speaker cables. what am i supposed to do?

am i just supposed to run the front cables through a pci slot with a hole and plug it into the posts in the pci slots in the back?

Edited by kup22r

am i just supposed to run the front cables through a pci slot with a hole and plug it into the posts in the pci slots in the back?

Yes