Evolution, Not Revolution

TiKiGoD

I'm not sure if it's just me, but lately I have noticed that the world of computers is rather at a stand-still. Yeah there are new neon fans, a few MHz here and there, a new box-like case, but nothing really spectacular. I just wish something really cool would happen in the world of electronics that would revolutionize the way our world is. I realize the "Hammer" is going to come out sometime soon, but at the moment it looks as if will probably end up being somewhat of a dud. Just wondering if anyone had opinions on the topic and if maybe they had links to something really really cool to come out in the near future.

OLEDS are cool... forgot about those.

Your're right, currently the engineering field has been in a slump, w/ layoffs in almost every sector of the region. Engineers are trying to disprove moores law, while sitll be rational. In 5 years we should start to see some new advancement over our boxlike contraptions as we scale down to pocketsized everything.

Portability is the current trend. PDAs are getting more powerful. My Tungsten T will play MP3s and MPEGS, serves as GPS unit and I can surf the web via Bluetooth either through my computer or cell phone. The real nice thing is its ALL solid state. No waiting for HHDs to spin up. I can turn off the PDA and when I turn it back on its right where I left off...

With the changeover to 300mm chambers, costs should continue to plummit . You are not likely to see the boom of 1999 again. That was a bit of a fluke. I agree that we need some new technology to help get this part of the sector rolling again.

ya technology is always moving forward... 90% of it you probly

never hear about unless it gets some good publicity some where....

portability has been a growing trend lately and w/ all the layoffs

companies are probly more concerned w/ staying alive than creating

a big hype.... part of its probly just the time of year or somethin....

companies are probly waiting till fall to unleash their "Latest & Greatest"

campaigns.....