Akasa Eclipse-62 & Window - 120mm fan ?

Just built my new system, 3000+ venice @ 2.6ghz with G.Skill LA RAM at very tight speeds on a LanParty Ultra-D NF4 board.

Now due to this weather I'm getting temps of around 38oC Ilde 48oC fill load for the cpu and 44oC/56oC for the system sensor.

I was wondering if anyone has made a 120mm fan cutting in the clear acrylic window that can be bought extra for the 62?

Some cases seem to love the extra air coming in, were as others have a negative effect due to air flow.

Also am I right in thinking that a good slow speed drill with a 120mm cutter would not casue any problems with the clear acrylic window ( cracks etc? )

many thanks

Noticed the same problem with my Akasa62 case and hot weather effect. I am using 2x120mm SilenX case fans with minimal noise but also minimal airfow. Temps were acceptable before the hot weather but now I am looking for another solution. Mobo fan reaches 50 C temperature preset for max fan speed and all I can hear is whirling of this little banshee (there are some other names I could call it, but it woudn't be appropriate for this board).

I did notice temperatures dropping down if I take off side window panel. This indicates I need input fan with much more airflow (it is a big case afterall), but it will worsen my pretty quiet case. I can only think adding side panel case fan would improve cooling on this case.

I had to take the 120mm fan out of the back of my case and mount it in the side pannel of my case to cool my silent video card ... moving the fan seems to be a good option because it doesn't add the noise from an third fan, although these antec 120mm are basically silent

i decided to use a jigsaw but i got lazy and did a terible job, but i don't care too much. won then that i did do befor cutting the case was get a piece of cardboard and you is to cover the side of the case, instead of the pannel. The cardboard is easy to cut and trash, so you can test different fan locations, plus you will be able to monitor temps to see if the work, and possible money, involved with cutting you case will be worth it in the end

To check for stagnant air pockets in your case, just take the side panel off and keep an eye on your temps.

You might also point a fan into the case to see if that lowers the temps while the side panel is off.