Can I flash an NF4 with an X2 dual core CPU?

Do I need to have a single-core A64 to prepare a Lanparty NF4 for the new X2 dual-core CPU?

I would hope that the stock BIOS would be able to use one of the cores to do a flash, but my searches don't turn up anything one way or the other, and I'd hate to get all the components and then not be able to flash the BIOS.

Guest daffy

I also asked this question not long ago as i am getting a 4400+, answer is it should boot fine and enable you to do the flash.

Thanks Daffy, that's great news. It's also what I suspected -- only makes sense. But on another forum someone is claiming that here on this forum DFI is saying to send them the board and they'll flash it if you don't have a single-core handy. Can you link me to a clear answer from the DFI guys so I can debunk that?

Oh, duh. It finally occured to me to search through your posts, Daffy, and I found the thread. Thanks again.

It would still be good to have a response from a DFI employee or a page on their website, to shut up the "experts" claiming that the DFI boards won't boot with the X2 until they've been flashed using a single-core CPU.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daffy

I bit the bullet and put in a 3000+ Winchester and flashed to 510, which successfully recognised my 4400+.

My current overclock =