considering ditching this chaintech board for a dfi, using a mobile 26

title says all, im fed up with this board

Im considering going the NF3 939 way already, hopefully within the next month, giving AG and some of the other fellas time to iron out all the kinks, so that when the time comes I have the homework in hand, that means Ill be left over with my current chaintech nf2 board and a mobile 2600 since Ill be reusing some of the parts and wont have enough stuff to run 2 machines, now Im super debating a new PSU, plus maybe a new set of Mem if Muskin UTT doesnt fly like Im hoping on the Nf3 ultra, again who knows but I dont want this mobile just sitting around collecting dust, so need advice on what DFI nf2 board to look out for, if I do buy a PSU then I can still use this Xconnect, also then all I would really need to maybe purchase is a really cheapo AGP card, and possibily a set of RAM which I am already considering so that way I would have a set of the UTT BH and some TCCD, RAM wouldnt be the most critical on the NF2 as hitting a FSB over 225 is usually not attainable correct, I would definately use the best set on the A64 as with the locked Multi highest stable FSB/HTT is more critical for a uber OC, anyhow with buying some of the new gear Ill have some left overs and a nice Mobile 2600 and a chaintech board that will shot to death :) wanting to totally switch over to DFI suggestions greatly appreciated so here we go

Chip is AMD Mobile 2600 IQYHA 0346 TPMW, if more info is needed I can yank the sink and jot the rest down, if I remember correctly reading somewhere I think some of the DFI boards didnt work too nicely with the Mobiles unless you did a wire trick on the pins or something, anyhow I was eyeballing the Infinity boards, which of the DFI nf2 would be best, the infinity or the lanparty, or any other ones Im not aware of, I just want it to run stable with a reasonable OC, 2.4 to 2.5 is what I would be shooting for, mainly it would be nice to have a back up rig, it will be Folding 24/7, and that would be its main function, not too worried about anything else, no sound or onboard graphics, or firewire or any of that mess would be needed, Id actually wouldnt mind booting linux off a USB keychain and running FAH that way so no need for RAID or SATA probably either, might get a 40 gig hdd or so, but just keeping the options open, trying to keep cost to a min so a good value basic featured DFI nf2 board to pair with this mobile would fill the bill

lmk what to look for, ill weed through this forum and see what I can read up on

thanks

jeremy

I love my ultra infinity, I doubt theres a better socket A board for Overclockers on the market, except probably the lanparty. It's an incredibly stable and predictable board once you get used to it, very easy to aggrivate and hard to get the hang of but once you do it'll be very trustworthy. I don't know if it'll be happy as a secondary system though, it requires alot of attention

well look at my sig and thats what I really intend to do, would you not agree that a socket a should be considered second chair if and when I do go with that? in your honest opinion would you say go with an ultra infinity over the socket A lanparty?

Yes in all honesty, you dont want the frills and spills of the LPB you dont need it for what you are going to use the rig for. You answered your own question Jeremy ;).....There is no diff i think apart from comsmetics anyway. Both mobo's perform to the same extremes. The only diff to yourself would be cost and for you the UI is the way to go as you want to keep costs to a minimum.......The only thing i would consider is a back up rom or a Bios Saviour as the "Sista's" can have a habit of "eating" rom chips ;) "Just in case".....Ultra Infinity all the way man.......:)

I would have a set of the UTT BH and some TCCD, RAM wouldnt be the most critical on the NF2 as hitting a FSB over 225 is usually not attainable correct,

Well I gotta disagree here,the "sistas" are well known for their ability to hit high FSB w/the right ram,I think they own some of the records for highest FSB on NF2.

Our very own Mr.loggan26 is in the OCdatabase here w/250FSB at I believe 2,2,2,11 1t

I've also seen 265-270 except they were'nt verified using the stability requirements of the OCdatabase

Using TCCD I can run 2x512 250FSB 2.5,3,3,11 and I think tom_johnson just toastered at 250FSB

i got mine at 250fsb x 9.5 at 2.65vcore. 225+fsb on these boards is pretty commonplace, and nearly easy enough to get that it's not really something to be proud of, but then again, it is :P lol.

for some reason my chip clocks real good until 1.65vcore, then the next step up i have to bring my voltage all the way up to 1.85 for 250x10. that's what i'm running right now, i hope to perfect it better later and maybe even squeeze out 250x11, or maybe even a little higher fsb with same multi *shrugs*

definitely a dfi board will do you justice though. the issues (which i was unaware of) have been fixed with bios updates if i'm not mistaken.

Yup, likes been stated the Infinity and LanParty B are exactly the same board(hence the nick, sistas ;)) but the LanParty B just has the extra Gigabit LAN, Diagnostic LEDs, EZ Switches and is UV. Other than that theres no difference :)

For high FSB these are the boards to own. Upto 3.3v on the Vdimm out of the box, oh yeah :nod: You'll find 250FSB on these boards is pretty common place, some have achieved even higher... Our own Mr NEOAethyr has just managed to pass 8hrs Prime Stable at 266mhz :eek2: Quite an achievement!

Neo hits 266mhz ;)

Even with this piece of crap Twinmos CADT i have here, it will clock 225mhz no problem :)

The Infinity would be the perfect board for you Jeremy :)

I forgot about NEO,probably because I had'nt seen any stability verification

Did you check out the attachment to that post playah? 8hrs 11minutes Prime Stable at 266mhz is pretty impressive :) I doubt he could run it at that 24/7 though...