Internet Problems

I just got done building my first computer yesturday and it worked out well to the most part...I got it to boot up and runs windows fine. I have been trying to get my nternet working but haven't been so sucessful at that yet. I use comcast high speed connection, I installed their software and when it gets to the part where it says pinging, it can't ping at all and there is no active connection. I had the marvell lan drivers installed already, also with most of the drivers installed and it still didn't work. Kept on saying it would try to acquire the connection but nothing happened after that. So I attempted to uninstall the marvell lan adapter, with the microsoft .net framework and when I go to install it again it says the inf does not match with the file requested.

Not really sure what to do here...I mean it detects the ethernet connection but doesn't have an active internet connection for some reason. Can someone give me some possible suggestions?

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 ULTRA-D

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz San Diego Core

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1200JD 120GB Serial ATA

OCZ OCZ520ADJ ATX 520W

OCZ Gold Series 1GB

Asus Extreme AX800XL/2DTV Radeon X800XL PCI Express

It's a direct connection btw, no router or anything like that and firewall is turned off. I also checked with my other computer and it works fine but with the new one it doesn't so I'm guessing it must be a driver issue.

Is the Modem plugged directly into the Marvell Lan port, or does it go thru a router?

Obviouls question this, but is the cable plugged into the lower of the two LAN ports? if not then its in the wrong port... just thought I'd aske, coz sometimes you never know :)

Also why are you using the .net framework to uninstall the Marvell driver? You should use device manager instead.

It's plugged directly, and I believe I tried it with both ports. Alright it looks like it doesn't detect the 2nd adapter at all. Here is the error message I get whenever I go in device manager, update driver, and put in the driver cd to install the marvel drivers:

There was a problem installing this hardware:

Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-t adapter, copper rj-45

An error occured during installation of this device:

The style of the INF is different then what was requested.

Also I think you kind of misunderstood me, what happened as I installed both the .net framework that was in the drivers cd and the marvell drivers as well....It installed fine the first time but the internet connection part never worked so I just uninstalled them both from the add/remove programs....Now I am trying to install the Marvell Drivers again and I get that error message I posted above in this thread.

I had so much trouble keeping an internet connection that I bought a $4 adapter at a local store and it works perfectly. One thing that DID work for me (for a short time) was a WinSock repair. If you need to know how, just ask. It won't hurt anything if it isn't corrupt, but it may help.

Well, I went on my old computer and downloaded the latest windows xp yukon drivers for my ethernet adapter, installed it on the new one and it works like a charm now. I'm typing from my new computer as a matter of fact, now to install firefox, avsoftware, and some of my favorite games to see what this baby can do :)