Mushkin Redline on Ultra Infinity ???

Hi

I'm thinking about upgrading my computer in the near future, but wanted to start with RAM now as prices seem to be going up, I was just wondering if the mushkin redline series would run ok on my ultra infinfty until i can get a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D :nod:. I can't seem to find anyone running this ram or the OCZ vx on a NF2 chipset and wondering if there was any reason for this ???

Hi

I'm thinking about upgrading my computer in the near future, but wanted to start with RAM now as prices seem to be going up, I was just wondering if the mushkin redline series would run ok on my ultra infinfty until i can get a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D :nod:. I can't seem to find anyone running this ram or the OCZ vx on a NF2 chipset and wondering if there was any reason for this ???

Been waiting myself to see that ram on NF2,the big IF is what does Mushkin use for chips?If they're UTT/CH5 they'd probably work great,if they're UTT/BH5 then they'll work but won't OC worth spit

Playah is right on, and hilarious avatar, btw.

I bought the VX gold for a 64 system i thought i was putting together, but now waiting for dual core. i was hoping in the meantime i could use it on my nf2, but it is a no go.

now for mushkin, check website, cuz OCZ does actually state, in very small print at bottom of page, that the ram is not recommended for NF2 boards. Wish they made retailers disclose that info, or even put it on packaging for that matter. should state something a little louder like "DO NOT BUY FOR NF2, WILL CAUSE MIGRAINE HEADACHES AND DIZZINESS." :(

you wont get the quaranteed 250mhz, at any volts, more like 220 or 230 if extremely lucky, and even then prolly the occasional BSOD. hope this helps, i havnt seen any others with this ram on NF2 either, hopefully i nvr do.

They appear to be CH-5 but some could be BH-5 also...

Mushkin only tests them on A64 platforms, and when running 2 modules only 939 boards are validated to run at the rated speeds and timings... And you can guess which motherboards they recommend ;)

AthlonXP systems generally will not obtain rated specifications secondary to motherboard/memory controller limitations. These modules are compatible with most motherboards for Pentium4/AthlonXP CPUs, however end users are advised that lower frequencies achieved.

I'd be interested to see just how high someone can get em in one of these DFI nForce2's too. If its CH-5, then as Playah says i think they should do pretty well.

First of all thanks for your input guys.:shake:

Well I have been looking around on the net and on one of the review sites it said that the Mushkin Redline xp3500 has CH-5 chips in it, not sure if this is true or not but it sounds like my best bet until i can afford the rest of my new rig.

I'll probably order it this weekend and when it arrives I’ll let you know how i get on, fingers crossed though.

That's the spirit Marks854,

Somebody's got to test out this new stuff on the old NF2,wish I wasn't so chicken to be the guinea pig,now if it was a new volt mod I be right on it :nod: ,we'll be waiting to see how it works out,GL

ive read in several places UTT CH for the redlines

playah, the UTT BH dont work too well in the NF2?

wondering if thats why my nf2 chaintech is acting strange right now, this is the first I have heard of the UTT BH not liking the nf2, been considering swapping to a DFI nf2 board, also considering another set of RAM, even looked at the redline, if this is true then maybe I need to re evaluate my plans as I was considering using my UTT BH muskin on whatever NF2 replacement I come up with

ive read in several places UTT CH for the redlines

playah, the UTT BH dont work too well in the NF2?

wondering if thats why my nf2 chaintech is acting strange right now, this is the first I have heard of the UTT BH not liking the nf2, been considering swapping to a DFI nf2 board, also considering another set of RAM, even looked at the redline, if this is true then maybe I need to re evaluate my plans as I was considering using my UTT BH muskin on whatever NF2 replacement I come up with

We've had a couple ppl on here who had probs w/UTT/BH5 and we haven't heard any success stories,even up to 3.6vdimm.

I'm holding off on new ram,til it gets sorted out and I really like what I've been seein about the Mushkin Redline,just haven't seen any results on NF2

Dang ram game changes so fast,TCCD was working good on the sistas,but now it's mostly TCC5 and I don't know about it

The UTT/CH5 was good too,if you could get it the vdimm,hittin 240-250 at 2,2,2,8,but who knows where you can find any.

Old BH5 was gold standard for long time,w/2x256 hitting the highest

I've got a lonely corsair pc3500 1x256 that's BH5,just got to find her a mate(it's what Mr.loggan26 has)

BH6 too if you can find it.

Heard tell Crucial Ballistix is a good possibility,just haven't been able to verify it.

Maybe I can get Mushkin to send me some Redline to test on NF2,I'll send it back honest.(after I pump 3.5vdimm in it)

Even old CH5 was respectable

I've already got 2x256 of BH-6 memory, but games just seem a bit slow when they first load up so that’s why I first started looking to upgrade to a gig of decent ram, but u can't seem to buy any that will do high FSB and tight timings on a NF2 chipset, not new anyway and a gig of old BH-5 is almost impossible to come by nowadays.

Guess I'll just have to take the risk and hope for the best and even if the redline doesn't overclock that well it will only be a couple of months before I can afford the rest of my new rig.