Linux Mandrake

justinal

ok im trying to do a clean install with mandrake but the first screen will pop up sayinf enter to install or f1 to do what ever well the i hit enter to install so then it looks for the cd in the cd rom well then it cant access the cd rom so what do i need to do i dont understandthis prob obviously it access it right i mean it pulled the first screen didnt it access that from the cd rom? and help would be appreciated. thanxs justin

When I installed Mandrake I Downloaded the ISOs from their web site and burned them to a CD. Then I put the CD in and rebooted the PC and it booted from the CD. Install started from there.

Not sure if any of this helps...

How else do you do a clean install if you dont boot from the CDs?

This is what you need to do.

Burn the 3 Mandrake ISOs to a dist

Stick CD#1 into the CD Rom and Restart PC.

MAke sure you boot from CD.

Mandrake will start installing the necessary items to boot.

Then it will ask you to Format the partition and you choose how you want to do it.

Thats it Presto it will format and everything will install..

Jeep

What do you mean you can't boot from a cd because you're doing a clean install? I don't know of any other way to do a clean install than to boot from the cd-rom. In fact unless you're using a cd based distro (which you still have to boot up to) there is no way to install linux from cd without booting up to it.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I can't help but wonder if you burned the cd properly. Two things to check... do a MD5 checksum and also make sure you burn using the burn cd rom image option in whatever burning program you are using.