DFI Freezer for NF4 Mobos...

I bought the freezer. Its more restrictive than the Koolance CHC-A05 (http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info....&products_id=86), despite that only having 6mm barbs! I believe the koolance or the lunaforce offer the least flow restriction so far.

The mounting is better on the freezer than the koolance, so i am going to use it. The koolance block swivels and actually chipped the edge of the NB chip (still works fine though!) so be carefull!

No temps as yet, waiting for the cpu to arrive before i can fire it up.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest burningrave101

Considering i dont think anyone here has faced problems from temps on the NF4 chipset using the stock chipset cooler i dont think adding expensive cooling is going to help anything. Sure there are people that freak out about the temps but since its rated to like 120C i dont see how 60C and 70C is really going to hurt anything. I mean most people dont even have to up the voltage from stock to the chipset to get their max overclock so that shows you right there that the chipset has very little to do with overclocking and stability on the NF4.

Guest cyclepath

I agree with your sentiment burningrave but its the whining noise of the chipset fan that inspired me. You'll see loads of threads complaining about it. If I can get an unrestrictive waterblock and it doesn't affect my other temps I'll think its well worth it, even if the chipset is near the temps it is now :)

i dont see how 60C and 70C is really going to hurt anything
even though it is rated to 120C, you will start noticing problems around 73+. I tested it myself and thats where i started getting into problems. As long as you have good airflow, then your ok