NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure???

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :D

Another confirmation on Dual Channel being 1+2 and Single if you do 1+3. I tested both memory configs last night.

Been pretty impressed with the board so far, although I haven't delved too deep into the bios. Some problems I've run into I think have already been mentioned, like not seeing the setting for 200 max memclock, having my temps jump around, and getting some strange readings when messing with vcore settings.

One thing I'm having a problem with is getting my memory to run at 1T timing. All my other timings are at stock, which puts my gskill at 2.5 3 3 8.

One other question, my memory shows as Frequency 200MHz on the memory tab of CPUZ, does that mean I'm running at 1:1?

Anyway, thanks for all the info, can't wait to hear more stories :)

hmm so populating both sticks side by side for dual channel, i would have thought they would have split the pairs so there was room to breathe, anyone with heatspreaders feel concerned about the spacing being super close together like that, one upside I guess if you can use the slots closest to the cpu and have the xp90 or even better the xp120 at least both sticks are under the overhang of the fan, that should help keep em just a bit cooler and maybe compensate for the spacing being next to each other? thoughts on that one guys?

for the xp120 guys, AG confirmed the xp90 shouldnt interfere with the SATA ports, does the xp120 interfere with those SATA ports?

one upside I guess if you can use the slots closest to the cpu and have the xp90 or even better the xp120 at least both sticks are under the overhang of the fan, that should help keep em just a bit cooler and maybe compensate for the spacing being next to each other? thoughts on that one guys?

I think that's a real good thought.

priming now 260x9 stable already for 1 hour

DriveEuro, it is possible to boot:

* CPU overclock at 200MHz

*releax DRam timings, i did 2,5-3-3-7 @2,7V

*HT 3x

since i have a horrid 0451 CBBID 3200+ , the cpu cannot run higher than 2400MHz

Hammer 9x

* reboot

* set in the bios the "fsb" you like to have, 260MHz = 2340MHz

good luck

priming now 260x9 stable already for 1 hour

DriveEuro, it is possible to boot:

* CPU overclock at 200MHz

*releax DRam timings, i did 2,5-3-3-7 @2,7V

*HT 3x

since i have a horrid 0451 CBBID 3200+ , the cpu cannot run higher than 2400MHz

Hammer 9x

* reboot

* set in the bios the "fsb" you like to have, 260MHz = 2340MHz

good luck

Yeah, I got it working today. It was so annoying that the manual was printed wrong.

I have my booster in the top slot and the RAM in the bottom 2. All with a single 80mm fan over them.

Another quirk... My booster is running 3.4v (checked with multimeter) but the bios shows the vdimm at 3.31v. Kinda lame.

I'm at work now, but my computer is still running now when I check to see if AIM is still online. Its running 250x10 (6-2-2-2) with F@H stressing it. I think it is stable, since it didn't restart.

Another odd thing, I set the vcore to 1.6v (1.50v +0.1V), but CPUZ only shows 1.45v or so. It really undervolts .15v? I never really trust software monitoring that much, but typically it is closer to the actual multimeter reading than this...

Anyone else's board show as much of a drastic undervolt on Vcore?

Remmeber what AG said to do first attach your sata cable first. The XP120 will not block it but it will make it tight to get at. Also with a BFG 6800Ultra OC and the XP120 There is not much of a gap between the 2 (i'll post pics later). I'm still waiting for Fedex to drop off a part before i can continue. IMPORTANT !!! For you that have this running in windows right now what NForce Drivers are you using??????