uh, so does Hynix memory work?

First-time DFI buyer. A few observations & questions.

Shocked at brevity of manual.

(if you need someone to write manuals, I'm available..)

Spent the good part of 48hours trying to get 2 sticks of Hynix memory to work in here before hitting the forums. And then reading. And reading. And reading. And reading.

And funnily enough, still couldn't manage to find a simple, conclusive yes/no answer to my question. I don't think I should have to sacrifice goats to get an expensive board to work.

Has anyone been able to successfully get Hynix chips with the following designation to work with this board, in dual mode, with interleaving?

I don't care about overclocking or tight timings, just getting a board stable at standard voltages & letting it run without errors overnight in memtest86+ 1.55.

The designation:

=============================

Hynix 514P

HY5DU56822BT-D43

KOR

26CAP6820

=============================

I've since learned these chips are mounted on a Brainpower B6U800 printed circuit board. "B6U6800" lettering is seen on the PCB.

Getting new sticks is not an option. I'll be returning the board if I can't get this running.

Other info:

LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D

Antec SmartPower (20 pin) 350W (this has more current than most 500W generics). Is a new ATX 2.0 PSU necessary?

Seagate ST3120022A (primary Master)

Seagate ST380817AS (on SATA1)

Appreciate any help...

I don't think I should have to sacrifice goats to get an expensive board to work.

No. but frogs and chickens will do ;)

Hynix. I think you just might need to update the BIOS. If it boots, this should be possible.

20 pin PSU. while the odd person has used this, if i'm not mistaken, the offical line for a 20 pin PSU on this board is "unsupported." In other words you would be on your own. I happen to also have a competor's NF4 based botherboard and it is the same deal > use a 24 pin PSU.

well, i'd suggest plugging it all together if and only if your ready for the very un-fun problems which are very likely going to rear their ugly heads.

Hynix may work at near stock settings or it may not but it has been found nearly unable to be overclocked at all and "will remain" that way. Different or better performing memory not being an option to you; suggest you delay no longer in returning your board. Now that is as straight as it gets or will get.

RGone...