nF4 : Gfx card in 2nd slot = 8x ?

Will my gfx card be limited to 8x speed if I move it to the 2nd slot.

I seem to remember a thread discussing this and a user found bugger-all difference in actual results.

I think benchmarked, mmmm... maybe I'll do just that, and see what effect.

Your experiences appreciated.

Current video cards can not take advantage of the X8 lanes available in the slot.

Toms Hardware has an article on the subject.

Any variation between slots with a single card is due to the margin of error in the tests.

You will not see and reduction in performance between the two slots when you move the jumpers.

Current video cards can not take advantage of the X8 lanes available in the slot.

Toms Hardware has an article on the subject.

Any variation between slots with a single card is due to the margin of error in the tests.

You will not see and reduction in performance between the two slots when you move the jumpers.

Thanks for the energy bro'

I did end up doing a thread search and found some existing threads discussing this as an option, reinforcing your words, once resetting the jumper.

But I found that the threads were mostly tested by users of 6800gts and X800 series cards, so are you thinking this is also working in this way for a smaller, 6600gt?

I'm gonna give it a few benchies for myself, but wondered upon other's thoughts.

May I congratulate you on being the winner of the ram being offered as a prize for he who guesses the number on Angry's mind, hehe.

How could you go wrong, isn't it the number on all our minds :nod:

But I found that the threads were mostly tested by users of 6800gts and X800 series cards, so are you thinking this is also working in this way for a smaller, 6600gt?

I'm gonna give it a few benchies for myself, but wondered upon other's thoughts.

May I congratulate you on being the winner of the ram being offered as a prize for he who guesses the number on Angry's mind, hehe.

How could you go wrong, isn't it the number on all our minds :nod:

Ya it would be the same for all PCI-E cards.. :)

Dam you Roadie... you won.. ?.. congrads.. :cool:

Hello,

He was making a joke about his number (69), the contest ends on the 19th.

Sharp as usual :)

Oh..lol.. I knew Roadie picked that.. im just a little slow today.. :dog: