NF4 Chart to help your BIOS settings

Here's a blank chart I made up to help your overclocking, or to just get stable settings on the NF4 boards----should apply for all versions....

Got the idea from masterwoot ----edited his and made an updated version----thanks masterwoot!!....

Got tired of all my scrap paper lying around with settings scribbled on them...

Time to get ORGANIZED! Will post the link in the NF4 BIOS Memory Guide as well.

Prints fine off of IE----set your margins to .5 inch both sides in page setup before you print----leave in "Portrait" mode. It may take a few seconds to load... John

NF4 Memory & Voltages Bios Settings Chart

Very nice John, I've already got way too many scraps of paper flying about with scruffy tables of OC settings etc :)

This should prove useful too...

Here's a handy table that I quickly built up in Excel...

Left hand side is the setting for "CPU VID Control"

Top row is for "CPU VID Special Control"

Actual voltage it works out as is in the middle.

Eg "CPU VID Control" set to 1.1v and "CPU VID Special Control" set to Above VID * 113% would give you *approx* 1.243v

For quick reference...

Green is 1 to 1.399

Yellow is 1.4 to 1.599

Pink is 1.6 to 2.125

dfivid2ub.gif

']Here's a handy table that I quickly built up in Excel...

Eg "CPU VID Control" set to 1.1v and "CPU VID Special Control" set to Above VID * 113% would give you *approx* 1.243v

For quick reference...

Green is 1 to 1.399

Yellow is 1.4 to 1.599

Pink is 1.6 to 2.125

dfivid2ub.gif

LOVE IT!!

Mind if I add it to the Bios Memory Guide I compiled in the sticky-----I really don't have anything about voltages.....

And it needs to be in there-----especially for newcomers...

I understand that it shows "approximate" voltages

John

I have posted the Updated Bios Chart link inside the NF4 Bios Memory Guide sticky.

In the future, you'll always be able to find it there.

Thanks again masterwoot for the idea.....

John

Guest Blooz1

Those charts are GREAT, gentlemen!

Last year I made such a chart for BIOS settings on my Socket A boards, and found it very helpful, both for organization and for reference purposes.

Although I'm a newb to this A64 world, and running Socket 754 at that, I plan to put these to good use! (I'll modify the memory chart for 754) Just yesterday I was wishing there was some sort of chart to easily figure out voltages without paper and a calculator!

Thanks again,

Blooz

Nice chart.. :)

I was thinking of doing the same and have rows on the bottom for primed hours.. mem scores.. 3dmark scores..

Was gonna do the same but everyone has their own favorite benchmarks/tests----wasn't sure if it was worth the effort:

I'm thinking :

Sandra

SuperPi 1 Meg

SuperPi 32 Meg

3dmark 01

3dmark 03

3dmark 05

PCMark 04

3dMark 01 Looped for 6 hours

Prime 95 for 6 hours

Was gonna do the same but everyone has their own favorite benchmarks/tests----wasn't sure if it was worth the effort:

I'm thinking :

Sandra

SuperPi 1 Meg

SuperPi 32 Meg

3dmark 01

3dmark 03

3dmark 05

PCMark 04

3dMark 01 Looped for 6 hours

Prime 95 for 6 hours

I know I'd use it.. your right about people having their own preferences.. but I think you got them all except maybe.. OCCT.. Everest..

I wouldnt worry about putting Prime 95 "for 6 hours".. You could just put Prime and in that box people can put how many hours they ran it.. well thats if you are gona edit it..hehe..

:)

I know I'd use it.. your right about people having their own preferences.. but I think you got them all except maybe.. OCCT.. Everest..

I wouldnt worry about putting Prime 95 "for 6 hours".. You could just put Prime and in that box people can put how many hours they ran it.. well thats if you are gona edit it..hehe..

:)

Thanks----now i gotta decide if I want to do it---refit it to one page....

You're right about Prime-----EVERYONE has their own opinion.....

I know one guy who will absolutely swear that a rig is NOT stable unless it can run TWO versions of Prime simutaneously for over 24 hours....

Bit of an overkill if you ask me....

I know another guy who claims that if Prime will pass 12 minutes----that statistically you have better than a 90% chance that your rig is stable----or "stable enough"

I tried his theory and found him "pretty much on"

When I test a certain group of settings----if Prime will pass 12 minutes----I up the FSB or some other settings until she can't pass the 12 minute mark

It's not "dyed in the wool----but is a good way to quickly get you in the stability ballpark.

As far as Prime is concerned....

And that's if you trust Prime.....

I agree about prime.. I NEVER bash peoples opinion about how long they run it.. But to ME normally 6-8 hours is fine.. Honestly, now I just to do the 30min test with OCCT.. If it passes that then normally its pretty dam stable for what I do..

Guest Blooz1

I also find OCCT to be a pretty good quick and dirty indication of stability. It seems to do a very good job of stressing components!