1.floppy

2.hd

3.cd

or

1.cd

2.floppy

3.hd

it only send me: DISK BOOT FAILURE, PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK OR PRESS ENTER ^^

all drives ar detected. i dont know what to do.

i just want to boot from cd or floppy disk, to start the windows xp installation. but it dosnt work ;p

Hello,

So when you have a floppy disk in the drive, does it load?

What disk are you using to test it?

And the XP CD has to be a bootable CD, is your XP CD an original or did someone just copy the XP files on to a CDR? (This will not work).

DID YOU DO WHAT IT SAID AND CHECK YOUR CABLES? The pin 1 needs to be to the power supply side. Is your floppy light always on? This can mean you have your cable in backwards. Check both ends, mobo and drives. Just plug in on at a time, whichever one has the windows install stuff on it. Does your bios show your drive names correctly? These are the things I would try first. Clear cmos and load optimized defaults, check in bios to see if all your drives are correctly identified, wiggle the power and ide cables around, check to see that you have the jumper on dvd drive in right place, if needed at all. etc. etc. etc. Good luck. Ozz

oh right ozz, the floppy light is always on. i forgot to connect the power fdd cable to the mainboard. but there was also a powercable to the fdd.

hmmmmmmm.

"The pin 1 needs to be to the power supply side." what do u mean? sry but im a newbie ;p

"Is your floppy light always on? This can mean you have your cable in backwards" backwards? that doesnt work.^^