NFII Ultra infinity Guru required - difficulties with XP3200

Hmmm, yeah that proc in the pic should definitely be locked since its an 04. AMD started locking all their Desktops around week 36 03(some a little bit earlier and some a little bit later. Earliest i've seen locked is about a week 31 if i remember right, and the latest i've ever seen unlocked was about a week 38/39).

No sound? Hmmm. Have you got the onboard sound enabled in the Bios? When you get any messages popping up(say when installing drivers/programs etc) do you get beeps from your motherboard? Have you checked to see if the drivers/devices are installed fine in the Device Manager?

Don't forget, if your trying to play Music CD's then you need to plug the Audio Cable from your CD Drive to the relevant connector on the motherboard(or Sound Card).

And its the Green connector for standard stereo speakers(though you probably already know that but just to confirm :)).

Well.............

I was right............. couldn't wait..... HAD to have a look.....

Yup, one above is the one I sent back

Below is mine........ different details, but stil 04.....

Anyone care to enlighten me with the details of mine.. ??

Many thanks in advance... :D

DSCF0180.jpg

Whoa you have got way to much AS5 on that core man, far too much, your only ment to have a very thin scraping on it, enough too fill the micro pores on the core and HS, FAR TOO MUCH on there man....Next time less and less......

Here is link too what your cpu is

http://www.hwspirit.com/tools.php?m=cpu&va...3=aqxda0401spmw

Made 2004 it looks to be locked, could be wrong....

Yeah that should be locked if its an 04.

If your going off CPU-Z showing the multi set at what you've changed it too try doing the sums too to confirm. Just because its showing it set at 10x or whatever i guess it doesn't necessarily mean thats what its running at. Try changing it to 10x then post a CPU-Z screenshot. If you change it to 10x it should show it running at 2000mhz instead of 2200mhz(200mhz x11).

I remember trying changing the Multi on my Nephews locked Sempron, it did actually display as the Multi i set it at but it wasn't actually running at that Multi, it was running at its locked Multi still.

Yup................ I've changed the multi and clock speed and the Ghz reflects correctly.......

230 x 10 = 2300hz

am I missing sumthin'ere ??

Should this be happening ??

Phil

Hey Legacy,

I'd have to agree with Sharpside and King of nothing. I've heard there's very little difference between the two boards.

I used to think like that until I recently bought a pair of OCZ Value VX and found that it ran like $hit on UI and did 2-2-2-5 DDR480 on LP B. Hmm that made me change my impression on them being technically the same board a bit. Still love them all.

When I was testing the ram with the UI it would not even OC more than 20 MHz. CPC disabled.

Both have HF Rev 2 BIOS.

I used to think like that until I recently bought a pair of OCZ Value VX and found that it ran like $hit on UI and did 2-2-2-5 DDR480 on LP B. Hmm that made me change my impression on them being technically the same board a bit. Still love them all.

When I was testing the ram with the UI it would not even OC more than 20 MHz. CPC disabled.

Both have HF Rev 2 BIOS.

That could just be down to the Chipset on your LanParty B being better than the one on your Infinity though FLD and it could quite easily worked the other way around...

Its a bit like CPU's, not all will overclock exactly the same. As you'll probably notice some guys need to use a lot of Chipset voltage to reach higher overclocks on their Ram yet others can quite easily run 250FSB with stock voltage.

They are virtually exactly the same boards. Same components, everything. The only difference is the extras with the LanParty B

That could just be down to the Chipset on your LanParty B being better than the one on your Infinity though FLD and it could quite easily worked the other way around...

Its a bit like CPU's, not all will overclock exactly the same. As you'll probably notice some guys need to use a lot of Chipset voltage to reach higher overclocks on their Ram yet others can quite easily run 250FSB with stock voltage.

They are virtually exactly the same boards. Same components, everything. The only difference is the extras with the LanParty B

Yeah, your opinion sounds very reasonable, indeed.

Yeah. It's a bit complex than taht on the setups I tested.

Hmm...I think probably the chipset on the LPB is a better OCer.

What's that stock LPB's Vnb neway?

At that time, I tested the OCZ Value VX RAM on the XPM2600 running on the UI. This XP2600 is now on this LPB.

I remember that when it was still running on the UI it could do 12X200 at 1.65 easily. I even thought it could do on 1.6V but I was just lazy.

The LPB used to have another XPM2600 that I found that it was technically faulty since it as only 64KB L3 cache :) after I had used it for 1 year anf always thought it was the BIOS misreading it.

Thanks a lot. :)