NF4-SLI-DR powered down now no POST

When you say power "down" I assume you mean the OS shuts down then the mobo shuts down.

The next time you "power down" kill the power to the PSU at the same time. Either use the switch or pull the plug.

When you are ready to start it back up, apply power to the PSU then hit the power button to start it up.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the 5VSB line.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had another powersupply and more VX ram to test this better, its very hard to troubleshoot when it takes 8 hours for my cmos to clear so I post again. I believe you are right exroadie there is more than one person having my trouble same symptoms, I have not messed with my machine in a day just tired of it being down. but I am rock solid stable on the 3v line been running the VX at 235 2-2-2-8 3.19v and have not seen this reoccur. I also think that the last couple bios releases have something to do with the JP17 holding the voltage at a higher setting even when you pin back to 3v, it just seems like they still got some bugs in there BIOS..

If anyone else is having problems with there vx ram and JP17 please post

I'm having a similar problem, but even worse.

Just got done building the brand new machine today. I haven't even put the sides of the case on, or added in all the hard drives.

Posted twice:

1) Told me to put my ram (OCZ Gold VX pc4000) into slot 2 and 4. This wasn't in the manual, so I made it so. Standard power off, unplug, turn off power supply, hit power switch, then moved the ram.

2) No boot device. I forgot to plug in the USB external DVD I was going to install XP from. Powered off, plugged in USB.

From that point on, I have never seen anything past three lights. I've re-plugged everything, moved things around, reseated, cleared bios, etc, etc. I only get to 3 of the 4 lights.

I'm trying to clear the bios overnight. I'm so disappointed at this point. Never had a board have what appears to be major issues within 5 minutes of the initial power up.

*sigh*

its a vx/dfi issue.......try booting with just one stick in the orange slot furthest from teh cpu.....that might get you up and running..

Any idea where I can read more info on this? I searched all over last night for answers.

I've tried just one stick after being off all night, no luck... this sucks. Any other ideas? I don't have any other compatible ram laying around.

well in my instance 1 stick has died......

try both sticks one at a time.........for me one stick will post in any slot and one stick will NOT post in any slot......so one stick has died :(

if both your sticks will not post individually in any slot then im not sure what you should try next.....other than borrowing someones value ram ddr to get up and running...

I've tired pretty much every combo I could think of when it comes to sticking ram in those slots.

I guess I'll have to run to the store to get some crap ram to get running. How stupid.

That's what I'm saying. I've put a single stick on each of the four slots, duals in orange, duals in yellow, etc, etc, all the combinations. No luck with any of those combinations. Was fine the first two boots, nothing after that.

That's what I'm saying. I've put a single stick on each of the four slots, duals in orange, duals in yellow, etc, etc, all the combinations. No luck with any of those combinations. Was fine the first two boots, nothing after that.

Have you tried with one stick in the top orange slot?