[Resolved] Antec SuperLanboy Front Port Audio problem

no 1? noooo

the ONLY thing left for me to try, is to run the front port cable a different direction.

i had to tear my entire case apart to reroute the wires so that they'd go up the front of the case, and not down. they would not reach the karajan if i had not done this.

its possible there is some interference or weakening of signal from this.

but the only thing the wire is passing is a cdrom drive (that isnt being used) and a floppy. tho it is pretty close to the PSU... I just dont see how (if this is the problem with the headphone output) Karajan can be a good idea.

Having it at this location where things can interfere with the front port wire, that is.

This is such a great rig now, as fast or faster than the Asus was.. I'd be so, so disappointed if this doenst work. Someone that knows about this stuff plz help.

I'm goign to be taking pics of the inside of my rig so ppl can see what I'm talking about as far as my wireplacement ect.

Thx

It is definitely (as far as I can tell, and I'm a pretty good troubleshooter), its either

A) Karajan's lack of current buffering (even so, headphone output shouldnt be THIS weak)

or

B) My front port cable being influenced by a component. Which was reran to suit the Karajan.. mind you.

Sorry for :spam: ing the thread, front port audio is one of my favorite things about my cases/boards :sweat:

Edit- Heres the pics so you can see what I've been seeing

wiring and case, zoomed out

wiring and case, zoomed in

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIXED

it was indeed interference from running by the PSU, and possbily the cdrom it was running over.

either way, i run it thru a hole in the middle of the superlanboy and all is well

sounds great

thanks to the guy who tried to help me, i really do appreciate it

• 2 months later...

Trying to put together my rig ... can you give me the final combo that works? I started to get it all mixed up with what you posted and what was the final solution :P Did you get the mic to work now too or just the headphones without the "aqua" ?

THX!

heres what i have that worked

SLI-D on the left, Super Lanboy on the right

Line out left front - RET R

Line out right front - RET L

vcc - NOTHING CONNECTED

gnd - AUD GND

line out left - FPOUT R

nc - NOTHING CONNECTED

line out right - FPOUT L

mic right - MIC

mic left - MIC BIAS

it took me a long time to figure it out, esp since i reran the wire from the front of the superlanboy to not go all the way to the bottom of the case and got alot of interference from the PSU at first

and i know the way i have it hooked up looks wierd.. but i couldnt get it any other way.. i think the cases themselves are wired and/or labeled funky

its all a bunch of junk, but something i was damn determined to get working because i love front port audio and how you plug your headset in and it cuts off the audio to the rear plugs

heres how it is now

link

you can see the wires running to the back, i had already put that rear fan in before i had everything working so i have mine in with slightly oversized screws.

i am not happy with my microphone config, I think something is messed up there still.

but the rest def is right it works perfect.

for me, if i unmute the microphone line, thru the front port there is horrible static, but if i plug my speakers in the back (and leave the mic volume unmuted) it is WAY quieter.

so something is wired wrong on teh front port portion of the mic, its returning to much static to the front ports.

I dont think its interference because there is 0 static thru headphones or speakers on the front port's audio slot.

but the static is there on the speakers whether or not a mic is plugged in.

just unmuted, the static from the mic input is MUCH more on the front port than rear.

if you have the same issue let me know, and if you get it fixed tell me how you wired it.

ive been meaning to get that straightend out but have had alot of stuff going on where i cant sit down with it for an hour and get that fixed yet.

high def

a little bit more of a high definition photo :) but its got some aweful glare

thats how i had to run the wire to kill the horrible "aqua" sounding interference. and how the rig looks today.

stupid floppy drive cable is the only ugly thing left really. next is a USB floppy drive so i can quit installing those things.

Yeah, please post how you connected the audio pins so that they work? right now i have no sound whatsoever. The best that i was able to do was get sound coming out of the left ear of my headphones. everything else on the comp is running great though