Networking On Dos?

I read on the internet a while ago that you could actually get networking support on DOS, and it said HOW to do it and everything! But i can't find it anymore....does someone know where this is or how to do it and can tell me how to do it?

Don't know why you'd want to network from dos, if your are Windows 9x just use the GUI... and Windows NT, 2K, and XP technically don't use "DOS".

However, if you want to use some useful command line/dos commands are:

net use

net share

net config

net print

net user

net group

net view

Don't know why you'd want to network from dos, if your are Windows 9x just use the GUI... and Windows NT, 2K, and XP technically don't use "DOS".

However, if you want to use some useful command line/dos commands are:

net use

net share

net config

net print

net user

net group

net view

yea i know about net send and all, but i have an old 486 with 8mb of ram and i was gonna set it up with the net work and just use it for storing files over my LAN and just plain old stuff i do on DOS!

Im working with DOS 6.22 incase anyone wants to know

Does this mean nobody knows how....crap....guess ill have to keep searchin

Edited by Tyme_66

Well yeah, you'll need to configure DOS drivers for your network card, that shoulda been obvious. You'll need to contact your NIC maker to obtain drivers (or search google for NIC drivers for your bran/model NIC)... Don't be suprised if they are no longer available, most companies quit producing DOS drivers ages ago.

Here are a few DOS NIC drivers...

http://cmt.tstc.edu/database/os/dos/drivers.html

And here is a good place to look for others

http://www.google.com/