875P-T 5/4 divider help

Guest LightSpeed

whatever he did, the board didn't last long enough to run anything more than superpi.

I have to disagree with the cascade making all the difference, as we are talking from hitting a brick wall @271FSB with current BIOS. Older BIOS clock higher up to 280, depending on CPU. 1:1 of course.

I know the VX4000 didn't like the 5:4 divider at all which is a real shame

If you had an ASUS board you would know that a frozen northbridge is not needed for 1200FSB, not even watercooling

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Board is Simply a frip off.

Its the same . at when I Bougth the Asus P4PE and it tock 13 beta bioses for them to lock the Pci/Agp setting.

I Dont belive that Fugger jused anything other than the standard Nbrighe profile, as fare as I recall.

If its not posibel to do past 270 whit other ram im surly selling this ., And Im not quite sure what to buy then. Simply a waste of time, money and life to buy this board.

I challange everybody to trie and go past the 275 fsb barrier and come up with a screenshot 1:1 and 10 passes memtester 1.55.

I my self have done 277 fsb and 32M superpi but what good is that when I have a LS taking 200 Watts of power an hour and I could do the same with water.

Asus and Dfi are now on my black list.

You are running out of motherboard companys to like.

This was with the 5/4 divider done with the bios not clockgen on air the only problem I had was the keyboard stopped working but some said I should change my pci mhz to fix that. I have not had a chance to see if that work.I know you wanted a 1/1 shot but that will have to wait.

http://client.webshots.com/photo/312249557/315588034rOBMEJ

Not to offend Y but I dont se the "WOW" in that.

I have done 290 my self. Are You running USB keyboard???

And I have Abit left!

Gees Y goot just a tad offended there Ha fordf250 :P

Maybe Y should bou an LS and se If you still like the mobo ;)

Guest LightSpeed
Yes I have done 270 Error free in memtester. And 3 passes at 274 1 pass at 275 1:1 All of them

then i did 290 5:4 and Im not quite sure if i did 295 5:4 I noly remember trying for 297 fsb and lost ntfs.

Yep...same thing here, but 295 I could boot into windows, and 293 it hosed windows beyond repair.

I would NEVER run 5:4 with 2.5/4/4/8...talk about castrating a board, but that's just me :)

With the testing I have done so far, I am finding that my RAM is partly to blame for me not being able to maintain any stability over 250Mhz FSB at 1:1 ratio. Once setting it to 5:4 divider with RAM at 220Mhz, I have been able to hit 4.138Ghz with ease. Even though it has been quite stable for well over 8 hours today, I am still running tests for long term use and will be pushing the FSB higher once I finish this round.

Awww heck, you only live once, right? I bumped it up to 280Mhz, increased the CPU to 1.5125v and have started testing. So far, so good. Been running about an hour with several heavy load tests without a glitch. Temps climb close to 48c but I can live with that for the time being.

Very nice and brave AceGoober.I found after 280 I needed alot more Vcore for my 560J at 14x to keep it stable.Is that musHkin hynix?My el 4200 Hynix liked the 5/4 divider better than my bh-6.

Kepp us posted.

So far, so good. Ran it all night and all day on Prime95 with Throttlewatch, CPUz 1.26, Hardware monitor and SuperPi without a hitch. I did see the temps go to 50c but those are still livable with considering the environment it is running in. My ambient room temperature is currently 61F due to me not having the sliding glass doors open to allow fresh, cooler air in. Otherwise, it would drop exponentially.