875P-T 5/4 divider help

hmmmm, thats funny, i don't ever remember the system powering on due solely to memory being inserted in their slots. Several others, as well as myself, have had auto-on problems with this motherboard, powering itself on after a few second of being shut down. Merely a few bios settings and adjustments to take care of this problem, a problem of which does not exist anymore. User error? Sounds like user correction.

It seems that people that actually have methods and logic behind their testing find that the 5/4 divider does indeed work. I'm sorry you can't get yours to work at any given speed. Maybe a faulty board.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know a guy who is running 290 fsb 5:4 with his adata pc 4800 stable . vapo cooled . his cpu is a 540j 3,2@4,653

I believe he’s talking about me.

I only did a 1 m superpi at that speed and since I Have a LS I cant sedel with 270 fsb 1:1

This link shows the Amount of errors I get at 275 Fsb and about 35 different timings....

If this isn’t a Defected board that had the best PR in the world by fugger. Wondering more and more how the man did that without modding this crappy board.

http://img152.echo.cx/img152/4494/dfi2qi.jpg

Feel free to delete my post, But Im VERY disappointed with this board. Should have kept my old IC7-G and just spend the extra 30 $ on a 3.2 Prescott Socket 478 and saved myself 100 $ for my LGA socket 775 kit.

REALLY disappointed in this board and would love for a DFI supporter to ether come up with an explanation on how to proceed. MODDING and loosing RMA would be okay for me, 270 Fsb just isn’t enough. Only running 1.45 Vcore and my m8 did that whit water cooling on this board.

So this is definitively a "SELL and share the pain" board for me.

:eek2: :(

:mad: :sad:

Ok, Ok, Ok. You all have peaked my interest beyond casual curiosity. I am going to test out the theories about the 5:4 divider on my setup and a secondary confg that I have. Results will be posted in this thread.

Im not Quite sure if they are TCCD chips.

That means I would have to take the Headspreaders off and I havent don that before.

I dont think the STIKER with S/N nr hould give em any info??

Im VERY happy to se that allot of "dudes" out ther woundering 2.

I would love to se a 3.8 running with 14 multi and 271 fsb or beound 24/7.

I would love to se a 3.8 running with 14 multi and 271 fsb or beound 24/7.

The 14 multi is a definite issue. DFI for sure has not got that right on any BIOS so far. I've not seen anynone running higher then 275 with the 14 multi. But MiketlikesIt has done a lot of memory testing and has a pbs with TCCD mem getting very high even on default multi. I'm currently at 280fsb, 15 multi (default multi). I can boot and bench a little at 285 1:1, but my mem can't hold on there. I an post into Win at 290. So this mobo promises a lot, but not with the 14 multi, and it is picky with mem. I have some OZC4400 coming in today. We shall see if the mobo can hold on higher than 285 over the weekend.

Guest LightSpeed

I was able to do 280FSB using the 11/30 BIOS and D0 CPU with 14x multi, but no higher than that, which I believe is the limit of my RAM. I have also done a lot of memory testing on this board, and with different CPUs (enough to make me ill).

Now with a 640 I can't seem to get past 271FSB in BIOS no matter what I do...at least with TCCD. I have a kit of Hynix BT-D43 (HyperX PC4300) I will try over the weekend to see if I can hit 4.4 GHz.

How hard would it be for DFI to tweak the BIOS for TCCD? Since DFI and OCZ work together, and also since TCCD is the performance RAM of choice these days, I don't see any real reason it shouldn't work. I also find it interesting how no matter what I do I cannot hit 272 FSB with the same RAM that does 280, when all I changed was the BIOS. It also sucks that one has to use certain BIOS depending on which CPU they have...

For example, D0 should use 11/30, N0 should use 3/25, E0 seems to be the only decent one out of the bunch, and with that I would use the 1/25 BIOS.

I agree with Nosfer@tu about this board...over-hyped and I REALLY don't believe that fugger got the clock he did on an unmodded board, especially now.

Ironically, fuggers board never produced any benchmarks with the 875P-T as it died and he never bothered to try again with that board...hmmmmm

Also interesting how someone with a vapochill is not getting any higher FSB than me :O

Guest LightSpeed

I was able to do 280FSB using the 11/30 BIOS and D0 CPU with 14x multi, but no higher than that, which I believe is the limit of my RAM. I have also done a lot of memory testing on this board, and with different CPUs (enough to make me ill).

Now with a 640 I can't seem to get past 271FSB in BIOS no matter what I do...at least with TCCD. I have a kit of Hynix BT-D43 (HyperX PC4300) I will try over the weekend to see if I can hit 4.4 GHz.

How hard would it be for DFI to tweak the BIOS for TCCD? Since DFI and OCZ work together, and also since TCCD is the performance RAM of choice these days, I don't see any real reason it shouldn't work. I also find it interesting how no matter what I do I cannot hit 272 FSB with the same RAM that does 280, when all I changed was the BIOS. It also sucks that one has to use certain BIOS depending on which CPU they have...

For example, D0 should use 11/30, N0 should use 3/25, E0 seems to be the only decent one out of the bunch, and with that I would use the 1/25 BIOS.